New tyres for R231 SL400 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoristheBounce

Car
EQC 400 4Matic AMG in Brilliant Blue SL400 AMG Sport in Polar White
I will be needing some new boots soon and just wondered what you guys use, your recommendations and why.

My R231 is an AMG Line so it has R19 rims

255/35 on the front and 285/30 on the back. Although I'm sure the last owner has put 255/40 on the front previously I'm at work so can't check.

Your thoughts please???

Cheers

If you can get Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S in the right sizes then you won my regret it.

I went through this process a month or so ago. There are very few options. They R231 tyre sizes means that it was virtually impossible to find the same tyres front and rear.

I ended up fitting Pirelli P Zeros MO. Could not find any other tyre that I could fit front and rear. I wanted Goodyear F1 Assymetric 5, but no sizes. Same for Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and 4S.

I've been looking at

Vredestein Ultrac Vorti Plus +​

They do both front and rear sizes.

I've had these before on a previous car they are good value, and they were very good, but this is a much more powerful car with bigger wider tyres and wondered how they stack up anyone used them?

Cheers

I have Goodyear assymetric 5 on mine, same size as you mentioned. Think they're great!

Having also been through this process I'm running Pilot Super Sports MO which were standard spec on the SL65.

The difference in dry grip over P Zero's was a game changer, my car was a real handful on Pirellis after I had it mapped. The MPSS's completely transformed it and give it way more traction and grip. Similar to the P Zero's in the wet though.

Often with UUHP they don't have the wet performance of UHP .

Just bought a pair of Asymmetric 6 in 285/30/19 from demon tweaks for £508. Apparently there were only 3 in this size in the country, new stock arriving November.
will be fitting in spring and will report back when I’ve put a few miles on them.
Mark

I've been looking at

Vredestein Ultrac Vorti Plus +​

They do both front and rear sizes.

I've had these before on a previous car they are good value, and they were very good, but this is a much more powerful car with bigger wider tyres and wondered how they stack up anyone used them?

Cheers

I have these on my Jaguar XKR in 20". 255x35s on the front and 285x30s on the rear. It's a cabriolet with polybushed suspension and modified engine running 450 bhp.

I'm very impressed. Did a lot of research before choosing and wanted a combination of roadholding, comfort and longevity. Well worth considering and I would recommend them.

Hi , I had a tyre failure ( hit a pothole ) and could not replace the Goodyear Assi 5 255/30/19 so had to put on a cheap Chinese tyre until new Goodyear tyres are available.

Unfortunately the 5 is no longer available and the new 6 is not available in the size required.

I found the Goodyear tyres superb in comparison to the Conti 5p that came on the car when new.

Even looked at Michelin but no stock available !

I hate to say it but the cheap Chinese tyre was cheap £90.00 including VAT etc against £230 again including VAT.

Would I put 4 cheapies on my car producing C207 !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom