New tyres needed 285/30/19

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike746

Car
C63 507
Right the time has come for some new rears!
The big question is what do I put on the cls? Pirelli, Bridgestone?
Please help

Have a look at Vredestein Ultrac.

I had the Sessanta on an S8 Audi I used to own and found them incredible. A bit limited in suppliers in the UK but they are out there. You may be pleasantly surprised with the cost as well. :)

Have a Google for reviews on them.

I wanted Goodyear Assymetric 2, but couldn't source them at that time. I settled for Pirelli P Zero (MO) which seem ok so far.

I am on pzero's and have always found them pretty good. What have you got on the fronts

I've got p zeros on the front and Bridgestones on the rear.

Michelins or goodyears would be my pref

Have a look at Vredestein Ultrac.

I had the Sessanta on an S8 Audi I used to own and found them incredible. A bit limited in suppliers in the UK but they are out there. You may be pleasantly surprised with the cost as well. :)

Have a Google for reviews on them.

I use the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta on the E63 and previously on the M5's

Really good tyre :thumb:

Where can u get the vredesteins from? The Bridgestones have only last 3000 miles

Where can u get the vredesteins from? The Bridgestones have only last 3000 miles

Last couple of times I've bought from camskill and mytyres, one is cheaper for the fronts the other for the rears. Can't remember which for which though.

My last set lasted 8k on the rears and the fronts still have loads of tread.

Just replaced my Pzero's after about 7,000. Got them from Tyreleader 265/30/19 for £176 a pop.

I like to have the same brand front and back so am waiting for fronts to need replacing and will probably then give the PSS a go and see what all the fuss is about :thumb:

I had the Sessantas on a Volvo T5 and they were excellent tyres. The Volvo is notoriously hard on tyres but the Sessantas coped with everything thrown at them, including a couple of track days.

tyres for cls 55 amg

Hi all,

I have just bought a cls 55 and wanted to change the tyres on it as theyre near the legal limit

I have got two questions for you guys...

1. Whats the best brand to go for? Im thinking conti sport 5s all round.
Ive previously had conti sport 3s on a w211 e320cdi. The ride, grip, noise level was alot better than pirelli pzero, but I know the sport 5s is the upgraded tyre.

2. The tyre size on the rear is 295 30 19's, but merc recommend 285 30 19's. Has anyone had experience of both tyres?

I have sourced tyres from mytyres.co.uk and openeo
Look forward to hearing from you.

I personally prefer the conti sport contacts as a great all round tyre.

I had Conti sport 5's on my E250 Cab from new, personally thought they were not too good at all.
sizes 255/40/18
Traction was very poor, even in the dry.
Could not pull away with any kind of turn on the steering wheel without spin, even at slow speed.
Got 11k out of them, then bald.

Now have upgraded to 19" AMG wheels with P-Zeros, size 275/30/19.
Traction is excellent with no spin at all.
Can only be the tyre brand i assume.

The big question is what do I put on the cls? Pirelli, Bridgestone?
Please help

Are the Bridgestones Potenzas? Not really a good choice anymore, years behind the rest in terms of wet grip.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom