New Tyres or new wheels/tyres??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rees_A

Banned
Car
CLK55 AMG
I have seen the following on e-bay( rec no 4580121783)....

Would these 18 inch amg wheels fit straight onto my C36 AMG? I need 4 new tyres for existing wheels so am thinking of buying these as an upgrade then selling my old wheels to recoup some of the cost..Net cost should be similar to 4 tyres.. What do you guys think...

1 - Will the wheels fit without rubbing.

2 - Is it worth upgrading to 18's

Cheers for any feedback

Alan

this seller has been on ebay for a while ..

however, he often puts up a pic of a genuine AMG wheel, then state that the actual wheels are not AMG but are "AMG Style" or some such.

Although the ad this time says that "these wheels are genuine AMG", it also states "Genuine AMG Styling" -- which to me, means replica. Therefore, I would want to make sure that they are actually AMG wheels (with the logo on the wheels) before I part with cash.

I don't know whether 8J may be too wide for the front. IIRC, the standard 202/208 fitment is 7.5J front and 8.5J rear.

Last edited:
I did exactly that and beleive it or not sold my old wheels (with knackered tryes) for more than I was able to buy them new...............

Quoted £800 for new tyres (19 x 235 front and 19 x 265 rear)

Went on line and found a supplier of my wheels and good quality tyres for (£950).

Sold old wheels and tyres £560 !

Net cost £390 and the wheels are brand new. !!

Marc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4580121783

Well, despite the awful spelling and grammatical errors in the advert 'buy-it-know' etc..
The wheels are Genuine AMG. 'Styling' refers to the style of wheel. I tend to omit 'style' or the German word 'styling' beacuse people assocaite this with replica products.

The wheels are 211 size with 203/etc size tyres, so I would stay clear of that set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom