New tyres. The runflat question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grumpytosser

Car
2017 s213 AMG Line Premium Plus +++
So will need some new tyres some time soon and I want mps4's well who wouldn't. But the wife says they need to be runflats as she won't be stuck at side of the road etc and I get that but I hate runflats. So I hear there are some newer not as harsh runflats (run on flat) that have lower speed/distance ratings with a heavy load that's fine by me I'm sure they are the Moe marked tyres but if so I have them now and they are horrible. Is there any decent tyre that the wife will accept in 275/30/20

Get the MPS4S tyres and can of “stuff”. Everyone is a winner. If used then it will trash the tyre but running a deflated runflat will probably mean replacement too.

Get the MPS4S tyres and can of “stuff”. Everyone is a winner. If used then it will trash the tyre but running a deflated runflat will probably mean replacement too.
Problem is with foam she still needs to stop and she doesn't want to stop on a motorway etc I said just press the button for breakdown and get out but she does not like the idea

A layman's question: why would you want to use a can of gunk on a runflat? Seems like defeating the purpose.

EDIT: OK, I see, the MSP4S are not runflats....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom