New Tyres Transformed my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ionnrob

Car
SLK 350
Hi All ive had my R172 SLK 250 CD for about 6 months and the tyres fitted where all different, to say the handling was a bit wobbly was an understatement !!

Long story short bought 4 Goodyear F1 Ass6 and the car feels great,, im sure the odd tyres at rear where causing gearbox issues clunky changes etc

Im a happy bunny now

It's often overlooked as a cause of iffy handling. Wheeler Dealers had a DB7 that Brewer complained was all over the road. Different tyres on the front axle was the problem.

I put the same tyres on my Citroen C6 a few months ago. It's a very soft riding car which can be hustled along very quickly and I'm very pleased so far.

I have these on 2 of my cars. Absolutely brilliant tyre.

Good choice of tyre, have enjoyed Goodyear F1's on a few cars.

Watch the sidewalls, especially the inners, I had a catastrophic failure of a rear OS and a less bad failure on a front NS on assym2's, both on less than 20k miles.

A lot of people complain about off brand times but for the most part. I've had very little issue with off brand tires. The biggest problem I've ever had was with old tires. While the outward appears seems fine and with lots of tread. Anything older than 5-6 year old tires tend to be as hard as rock and have internal cracking which makes them unstable. it's always good to check the DOT date on the side.

A lot of people complain about off brand times but for the most part. I've had very little issue with off brand tires. The biggest problem I've ever had was with old tires. While the outward appears seems fine and with lots of tread. Anything older than 5-6 year old tires tend to be as hard as rock and have internal cracking which makes them unstable. it's always good to check the DOT date on the side.
Certainly true and good advice.

I’ve bought my share of high powered cars still running on decade old tyres. (They get changed. Immediately)

And a particular problem where you are, where a good Summer is a hundred days where the temperature hits a hundred Fahrenheit each day

Yep, I've had to tires that were shredded on the side of the motorway when it's 46 degrees C. Its about as much fun as I can possibly stand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom