New Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
After getting another puncture today, and with both rears down to about 3mm max (in places!) I decided a new pair on the rear was in order.

I had Pirelli P6000's all round, the fronts more or less brand new, but I decided to follow recommendations I have read here and elsewhere and went with some Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's.

I'll let you know what I think.

Look like this

tyre_prod_eagle_f1_gsd2.jpg

I paid £211 for the pair inc VAT, balancing, valves and fitting.

Don't know or really care if that is good, I did no shopping around, just glad the 1st mobile fitter that I was recommended was able to turn up today (remember 1 tyre flat as can be) with the tyres I wanted.

As for wear - I should think they will be OK. Better than S0-2's I expect and the Yokohamas I used to insist on using on my old BMW.

Just for reference purposes, here is a pic of the Nokia's I bought 215/55/16 @ £280 inc for all four, fitted and balanced using the hidden stick-on weights.

image003.jpg

Spike,

Where did you get your Nokian's?

Have they got many dealers around the UK....when I had a look on their web site it looked as if they only had 2 dealers in the UK.

And lastly are you pleased with them????

Cheers

Vlad

Graham, I have had F1's on my CLk for the last 10k miles and down to about 50% of tread left now.

They have been good for me and have an excellent pattern (not that many look :eek: )

I had Eagle F1's on the Beemer and they were great. Lasted soooo much longer than the Pirelli's I'd had previously. Tread also looks cool.

I just got some Dunlop Spoer SP9000's

at the moment im VERY happy with them

PS look at camber!

PIC:

Attachments

• camber.jpg
    camber.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 156
I got them from HERE.

The price is delivered to your door inclusive of VAT. My local tyre dealer fitted and balanced with hidden weights for £5 each.

Pleased?? Yes I am very pleased so far. They grip better than the michelins, create far less road noise and so far seem to be wearing at a sedate rate also.

:bannana:

Hey guys
just thought id bump this thread,

i purchased a set of michelin pilots 225/40/18 for £115 each inc fitting\valves and balancing for the front, my old ones were dunlop sport sp 8080, the michelins hold the road better but the most noticable thing is that it has stopped the tramlining!

the old tyres were 235 i now have 225.

negative so far, road noise is louder, but its worth it for the lack or tramlining!

just thought id pass that on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom