New V12 Comand APS disk just released

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
The new V12 comand APS (DVD) navigation disk for the following cars has just been released.

A/B/C/CLK/ML/GL/R/Viano/Vito/Sprinter

This is for all the above vehicles that have Comand APS (DVD) installed which for the cars will be model year 2005 to model year 2008 inclusive and for the vans will be model year 2007 to model year 2009 inclusive.

Much more coverage and for the first time Jersey and Guernsey are now covered.

Usual MBCLUB discounts apply;)

Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes SatNav/COMAND :: Mercedes Navigation Disks :: Comand APS Map DVD Europe 2010/2011 (V12.0) for A,B,W203 C,CLK,ML,R,GL, Sprinter, Viano, Vito

You do not need any updates or other firmware changes to upgrade to this version. Simply pop it in to the comand, let it run its update and thats it. Ready to go.

when is the DVD update for the CLS due?

We find out (if we're vigilant and keep checking) a few days before the release arrives - we didn't expect the V12 for another couple of months which would have been 12 months from the previous release. MB then announce it some time after its been available for a while and thats when we find out what really differs in it.

It seems that as we check with German sources, we find out before MB UK - as MB UK don't have any of the V12 in the UK yet and we do :) And no doubt UK dealers will be wanting to get rid of their V11 stock before they order any V12.

My personal V11 went on eBay today as I put a shiny new V12 in my car to try and spot any differences. So far i've found Guernsey and Jersey now have mapping (before they just had reservoirs), and there was a 'software update' done also.

So as to the E/CLS/SLK/SL/old-S/old-CL class disk, we don't know !!!

Richard

My personal V11 went on eBay today..

I'm a bit surprised that you would do that, to be honest.

help with infor on v12 map

richard please look on v12 map for ntg2 and say to me if romania map is detailed ...thanks

i have v11 and doesen't have romania...

The new V12 comand APS (DVD) navigation disk for the following cars has just been released.

A/B/C/CLK/ML/GL/R/Viano/Vito/Sprinter

This is for all the above vehicles that have Comand APS (DVD) installed which for the cars will be model year 2005 to model year 2008 inclusive and for the vans will be model year 2007 to model year 2009 inclusive.

Much more coverage and for the first time Jersey and Guernsey are now covered.

Usual MBCLUB discounts apply;)

Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes SatNav/COMAND :: Mercedes Navigation Disks :: Comand APS Map DVD Europe 2010/2011 (V12.0) for A,B,W203 C,CLK,ML,R,GL, Sprinter, Viano, Vito

You do not need any updates or other firmware changes to upgrade to this version. Simply pop it in to the comand, let it run its update and thats it. Ready to go.

Thanks a lot Alfie! I was gonna get v11 few weeks ago but now...v12. I have few questions.
Just got back last night from Barcelona. On the way back i said : Lets spice up the drive through Andorra. Few motorways/A roads/Side roads near Barcelona were not on my Comand at all. The arrow was just in the air :) Comand was saying : Follow the arrow on the display:)). Funny tho'. Same thing in Andorra. :)

Same thing in Amsterdam last summer( near Virkeveen ) no motorways on my Comand... I do know that most of these motorways are new and they do get updated once or twice a year.
Noticed that few A roads in France, Nothern Italy, Switzerland, Austria were not present on my Comand.

I have v9 in my C180( fitted by you ) and v10 in Vito. If v12 is any better than v10/11 I will buy it !

Thanks !

i have v11 and doesen't have romania...

I have V9 and V10 and Romania had just few roads. E60, E81, E85, E70, E 68. Few Roads around Bucharest. Driven to Romania few times this year and i was a bit surprised to find out that major cities were not on my Comand. As Romania is part of EU a full map should be available.

Had a full service on my Vito a Mercedes Dealer in Cluj Napoca and the guy told me everyone is asking for Romania maps on Comand. Same thing for Bulgaria and Hungary.

if someone has v12 installed in comand ntg2 please say to as if coverge of romania bulgaria grece is better than v10 v11 ...thanks

Hmm , Im not fully convinced yet. Is this v12 a major update?? Jersey and Guernsey is new. What about the new petrol stations across Europe ? New MB dealers? New POIs? New tunnels? TMC in all EU countries? Motorways tolls?

My cousin just had an update on his Audi S8 and wow. Everything you can think of...It seems that MB is way behind with these updates. Why ? Don-t they use the same Mapping System ? Strange indeed.

Thanks a lot Alfie! I was gonna get v11 few weeks ago but now...v12. I have few questions.
Just got back last night from Barcelona. On the way back i said : Lets spice up the drive through Andorra. Few motorways/A roads/Side roads near Barcelona were not on my Comand at all. The arrow was just in the air :) Comand was saying : Follow the arrow on the display:)). Funny tho'. Same thing in Andorra. :)

Same thing in Amsterdam last summer( near Virkeveen ) no motorways on my Comand... I do know that most of these motorways are new and they do get updated once or twice a year.
Noticed that few A roads in France, Nothern Italy, Switzerland, Austria were not present on my Comand.

I have v9 in my C180( fitted by you ) and v10 in Vito. If v12 is any better than v10/11 I will buy it !

Thanks !

Id love to say its way better but the truth is we dont really know as every update is not listed. I would imagine it is a lot better as I know there have been a large number of changes but what those changes are exactly only time will show sadly.

What I can say is that v9 was problematic with lots of towns missing. 9.1 wasnt a whole lot better either.

if someone has v12 installed in comand ntg2 please say to as if coverge of romania bulgaria grece is better than v10 v11 ...thanks

Untill MB actually release any info about that it is impossible for those of us not in Romania, Bulgaria, Greece to tell you as we have no point of reference.

Romania is at least there now, whereas it wasn't on V11 according to another poster - but no idea how decent the coverage is.

If you ask for specific street in specifc town I can try on my V12. But wife is taking the car for 2 days tomorrow.

Richard

Im aware its a different system, however on the way back from bremen with the new car last week I found the system fitted to the coupe nowhere as good as the tom tom which I took as backup. On several occasions it completely failed to advise of choices which the tom tom had covered easily with lots of advance notice. I felt let down by the Sept 09 coupe, and had hoped for more but it leaves a lot to be desired. I have the audio50 with the 2010 maps preloaded although the discs are still in a sealed box?

MB UK seem to have nicely edited the full press release. The salient point missing is that it only applies to MY2011 onward cars with COMAND-APS for the 39 European countries. It is transferrable to new owners.

I hope they will still issue regular updates to the dealers (who will of course be expected to install them taking up an hour of workshop space) rather than reducing the frequency of the updates down to once every three years :)

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom