New vehicle on the drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ed

Well done on the business venture and I do hope that it is success for you. I personally see nothing wrong in your van, in fact I rather like it. Function over Style is often best in business, the output of your efforts being what will ultimately impress your customers.

If of any help (and it is meant not to teach you to suck eggs) where I live now (rural Kent) there are many mobile services on offer from Farriers to Pet Groomers & Mechanics to Electricians. Due to healt issues I find myself being a customer of some of these services more than I would have done previously. Almost without fail, two things attract me in the fist instance:

1) Recommendations.
2) A clean & tidy shop front & van with tools to match.

I have recently started using a Mobile Mechanic who turns out in a nice clean wel appointed van with ore tools than you can shake stick at. It is the very first thing you see when he approaches and the last thing you see as he leaves. it wins him business over some of his competition.

You do have the advantage of the most scenery known to man. Boy does that make me homesick.

Good luck. We wish you well.

Bruce & Carol

Ed

Well done on the business venture and I do hope that it is success for you. I personally see nothing wrong in your van, in fact I rather like it. Function over Style is often best in business, the output of your efforts being what will ultimately impress your customers.

If of any help (and it is meant not to teach you to suck eggs) where I live now (rural Kent) there are many mobile services on offer from Farriers to Pet Groomers & Mechanics to Electricians. Due to healt issues I find myself being a customer of some of these services more than I would have done previously. Almost without fail, two things attract me in the fist instance:

1) Recommendations.
2) A clean & tidy shop front & van with tools to match.

I have recently started using a Mobile Mechanic who turns out in a nice clean wel appointed van with ore tools than you can shake stick at. It is the very first thing you see when he approaches and the last thing you see as he leaves. it wins him business over some of his competition.

You do have the advantage of the most scenery known to man. Boy does that make me homesick.

Good luck. We wish you well.

Bruce & Carol
Thanks Bruce, small world, I'm from the Romney Marsh originally :)
Having spent a career in sales and customer service I have learned how to treat customers, basically its simple, I treat them as I want to be treated myself, with respect, dignity and good morals.
I have no need to learn the skills of preparing vehicles and armed with my customers service experience this will be so much fun. The best sale is a recommended one!
I sold my lovely Convertible to start this up and bought new everything (with the exception of Ivan) which gives me no worries about warranty issues etc. I'm that sad, I love my new 'yellow peril'... Kärcher K4 full control. Mid range but perfect for the application im using it for. Got a nice Wolf compact genny for powering it. ;)
IMG_20190217_101136.jpg

That's really not bad looking at all - congrats. Nearly everyone I know has a van so I'm a bit of a connoisseur :D

Thanks Bruce, small world, I'm from the Romney Marsh originally :)
Having spent a career in sales and customer service I have learned how to treat customers, basically its simple, I treat them as I want to be treated myself, with respect, dignity and good morals.
I have no need to learn the skills of preparing vehicles and armed with my customers service experience this will be so much fun. The best sale is a recommended one!
I sold my lovely Convertible to start this up and bought new everything (with the exception of Ivan) which gives me no worries about warranty issues etc. I'm that sad, I love my new 'yellow peril'... Kärcher K4 full control. Mid range but perfect for the application im using it for. Got a nice Wolf compact genny for powering it. ;)
View attachment 83630

You deserve success and with your attitude, I’m sure you will get it.

Good luck. If I can help? I will? Always ask away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if the Midgies come out.

3937945a77a2029333e3fd68d85e6ff9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Doblo isn't that terrible - Royal Mail have been using them for a few years and still seem to have a lot of 5 year-old ones on their fleet.

The Doblo isn't that terrible - Royal Mail have been using them for a few years and still seem to have a lot of 5 year-old ones on their fleet.
You know, I did try to hate it but I can't!
We went down to Glasgow to pick it up. It it's spent all its life in the south of England therefore no Scottish salt eating it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom