New versions of Bluetooth UHI modules

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Something else I hadn't spotted before - there are also new cradles for motorolas V3/V3i RAZR and L7 SLVR (B6 787 5868 and B6 787 5873 refer)

Luckily, I work with a German person.

In essence: MB have fixed all the problems with the first version. Like V1, there is a Handsfree and a handset version (as per the pics). Current version is still on sale.

Version 2 has new features (now we're all paying attention!):
Pairs with 4 mobile phones
Can now save the PIN number
New software for the addressbook
You can now use non-SAP compliant phones.:p :p :p

Now, I want to make it clear that I didn't translate this and that my German colleague's English is not so hot. Therefore, don't blame me if this turns out to be wrong.

I have phoned my dealer. The new part numbers are already on the MB system but there is no current availability - even at the factory. Handsfree is £326 + VAT.
Philip

Let me guess...MB's customer focus will mean that the poor sods who bought V1 can either go and swivel or hand over another £350?

The phonebook issue should be a recall as its a fault in my opinion (V1 loads up only "about" 100 seemingly random contacts out of the total on the phone and also ignores multiple numbers per contact).

I have placed a Q with Customer Services (via a numpty who asked what Bluetooth is).

w124coupe said:
Let me guess...MB's customer focus will mean that the poor sods who bought V1 can either go and swivel or hand over another £350?

The phonebook issue should be a recall as its a fault in my opinion (V1 loads up only "about" 100 seemingly random contacts out of the total on the phone and also ignores multiple numbers per contact).

I have placed a Q with Customer Services (via a numpty who asked what Bluetooth is).

Version 2 is just what version 1 should have been except for the delays. I dont see Nokia complaining.

The above translation (prprandall51) seems to match the patchy translation I got from google. The German article also contained a note of caution at the end to the effect that even if you order the version 2 part number, they may ship a version 1 device until current stocks are gone. Anyone ordering needs to insist that they get a v2 rather than the v1.

I've also noticed that the US MHI version of the Motorola V3 cradle includes bluetooth functionality that does not appear to be included in the european UHI version.

I have v1, so should I try and get it upgraded? Do you think it could be a software upgrade?

It works fine with my phone at the moment but only shows 1 number per contact, would be handy to see them all.

Mark

I've been looking for some answers on bluetooth functionality in mercedeses, but unfortunatly i get more and more confused as I read posts on this topic.

We have a very simple question:

The new CL has 2 options (translated from dutch option list):
- code 386: pre-installation for mobile phone with universal interface (UHI)
- code 388: Mobile phone (Siemens S75)

If you have option 386, what is needed to have handsfree bluetooth phone functionality with any bluetooth enabled mobile phone? (you know what I mean, the plain and simple bluetooth functionality just as you would get in a Range Rover or any other car for that matter)

the dealer says we need an extra option with a universal cradle to put a phone in, but that is not what bluetooth is all about

I appologise if this is a bit off topic, or if this has already been answered somewhere else.

prprandall51 said:
You can now use non-SAP compliant phones.:p :p :p
If that's correct then is that the huge deal it seems?

Does it mean that any BlueTooth phone will now work with the MB kit (instead of the extremely limited range at the moment)?

Yes it appears to BUT its unclear on the functionality for non-SAP phones as the article doesn't list the bluetooth "profiles" supported.

It may be just "headset" in which case contacts etc will not work (just mic, speakers and possibly start/end/redial call buttons - like on a headset!).

Tried a couple of local dealers and they don't know yet (not yet in stock).

I will buy the mark2 (from Germany for 350Euros) if it solves both the "max 100 contacts" and the "single number per contact" restrictions that caused me to sell the mark1.

Just spoke to my local dealer (Milton Keynes) They expect to have the new version in stock around the end of Feb.
The article suggests that the 1st Generation cradles will be upgradable, But they have had no information to suggest this is the case.

I asked my dealer (Preston) for price and availability for the new bluetooth cradle and the motorola v3 cradle - they advised both are available within 24 hours. Despite giving them the new part number I suspect they have quoted availability of the old version. The V3 cradle probably is available now as Milton Keynes online shop is listing it.

I have just received the new bluetooth module B6 787 6128 from Germany. I have tried it on my Orange 6230i and it works fine. I then tried my 6310i (also orange) and while the comand can see it and displays the pairing code the phone never responds.
I'm wondering whether it is some setting or I need a firmware update for the phone. I was hopping that this new module would work with non-sap phones.

Any advice grately appreciated

Thanks

Adam

My dealer had the SLR shape one in stock yesterday - the old version is also still in stock with MB UK

R

I'm supposed to be picking up my Motorola V3 cradle on saturday morning - it will be interesting to see if that does have bluetooth included and if it works with other bluetooth phones.

AdamG said:
I have just received the new bluetooth module B6 787 6128 from Germany. I have tried it on my Orange 6230i and it works fine. I then tried my 6310i (also orange) and while the comand can see it and displays the pairing code the phone never responds.
I'm wondering whether it is some setting or I need a firmware update for the phone. I was hopping that this new module would work with non-sap phones.

Any advice grately appreciated

Thanks

Adam

6310i does have bluetooth but is not S.A.P enabled. 6230i is. Maybe thats why!

Mark.

I'm supposed to be picking up my Motorola V3 cradle on saturday morning - it will be interesting to see if that does have bluetooth included and if it works with other bluetooth phones.

GTEvo, please let us know, did your Motorola V3 cradle also worked with other BT phones? Thanks!

How do you know if your phone is sap enabled?
Can't see it on any specs ...
Is there a list of sap phones?
IE is the Sony Ericcson k750i SAP please? or the samsung e900?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom