New Viseeo MB-3 bluetooth adapter...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Correct link: edm_mb3_v3.17_010311

Downsides are the high cost and although it supports ipod and aux input the sound it not fed directly into the stereo, it is sent via the built in fm transmitter.

Last edited:
I'm looking for an update disc for my W211. I see this is/was an old thread so if someone can help me out, please let me know.

The part is a tad steep on the price but i would imagine this will come down,
I always want the latest gadget now so got one.
I can confirm the music sound is pretty good,
apparently the reason Viseeo had to FM modulate is the UHI connection only allows for mono sound, and the FM mod delivers stereo sound.

Had mine for about a week now and must say I’m very impressed.
Got mine from the link below because there local to me but you can get them from ebay ect
MERCEDES Viseeo MB-3 | Mercedes | Factory Bluetooth Integrated Systems | Car Kits | Dashmount - Dashmount

thanks

The part is a tad steep on the price but i would imagine this will come down,
I always want the latest gadget now so got one.
I can confirm the music sound is pretty good,
apparently the reason Viseeo had to FM modulate is the UHI connection only allows for mono sound, and the FM mod delivers stereo sound.

Had mine for about a week now and must say I’m very impressed.
Got mine from the link below because there local to me but you can get them from ebay ect
MERCEDES Viseeo MB-3 | Mercedes | Factory Bluetooth Integrated Systems | Car Kits | Dashmount - Dashmount

thanks

Just bought my first Mercedes CLS 320 and my first Viseeo cradle the new MB-3, so being totally unfamiliar with both i thought I would be the right kind of person to evaluate the combination.
I have spent a couple of hours trying to get it to work with two different mobile phones, one an LG Android the other a Samsung Windows phone. My initial observations are as follows.
The MB-3 cradle has a LCD display, it looks like there should be a plastic cover to protect it but none was evident. My supplier believes that is as it should be but I am still doubtful. The 3.5mm socket is virtually inaccessible as it tight against the side of the storage compartment and I have to buy a right angled 3.5mm jack plug and make my own lead up in order for it to fit. Similarly it’s difficult to press the UHI release button either when inserting or removing the cradle for the same reason.
I tried the A2DP FM Transmitter audio mode and the results were average to very poor, you get high level background hissing irrespective of the frequency selected. You are supposed to be able to control the audio via the remote control cable supplied however when I tried to use it with my Android phone it did communicate with the phone but did not change the track but made a weird noise then the hissing got worse. As regards telephone pairing, the windows phone took a lot less time to do so where as the Android phone looked like it was never going too but eventually did. It does take some minutes for the phone book to be transferred which can give the impression it has not done so. So far the Android phone is capable of making and receiving calls via the command system, whereas I can only receive calls to the windows phone. If you try to make outgoing calls you hear it dialling but then silence. It seems like its dialling the number too fast for the connection to be made. Given the android works, maybe this is just a windows phone issue.
Although the kit can pair with up to 4 phones you can only have one connected at any time.
I have still got a lot of evaluation to do but I hope this initial feedback helps.

Hi Topcat,

Hopefully you will see this and reply. Just a couple of questions regarding this problems you are having.

1) What version of windows is the phone you are using
2) What version of Android is the phone you are using.

I am seeing if a software update can be released to try and sort this issues you are having

With regards to the hissing sound when streaming music - there is a software update coming soon to resolve this issue. All viseeo owners can get free software upgrades

MB-3 compatibility with Samsung Galaxy S2

I have installed an MB-3 unit to my wife's SLK 200 ( 57 plate ) but whilst the Samsung Galaxy S2 phone can recognise the MB-3 it is unable to "pair with this device" . My HTC Desire S2 pairs perfectly and works but my wife is very miffed that her phone will not work - making my life difficult!!

I have been told by my supplier that there is a software problem as the MB-3 has an issue with the Samsung Galaxy S2 software version. Can anyone confirm this and are ViseeO working on a solution?

All constructive advice gratefully received

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom