new W124 E300D estate joins its brother!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
Hi

As many know I have a green W124 estate and now I also have a silver one. Both are E300D multivalve diesels.

The new car has full MB service history up to about 50k ago and is in very good order apart from a few issues.

It appears its been well cared for in its 230,000 lifetime but in recent times (maybe the previous owner) its starting to be neglected. I think I may of saved it just intime.

It needs various bits of trim replaced, a few rust spots fixed up, replacement front bumper, a good clean both inside and out, a few mechanical bits and bobs and a full service. There is minimal rust, much better than expected and the drivers seat bolster has no wear.

Drove the 300 mile motorway trip back to scotland without issue and now drinking 100% Waste Veg Oil like its brother!

here are some photos in the condition I got it in:

front.jpg

back.jpg

side.jpg

inside.jpg

busy this weekend sorting some stuff out - starting with a clean for the inside and outside. I'll take out the seats to do a proper job of cleaning the carpets and seats with a Vax wash hoover.

:thumb:

Good. It is nice to see an old girl getting a proper loving.

I am probably the previous owner's brother. I have little pride and no work ethic.

I wish I was like you.

Really, it would be much better to face my responsibilities instead of browsing the internet.

Looks eminently restorable to health, SilverSaloon. Let rot and lack of maintenance set in, something that can be hidden by the strength of the cars and it can become terminal.

Looks eminently restorable to health, SilverSaloon. Let rot and lack of maintenance set in, something that can be hidden by the strength of the cars and it can become terminal.

yes. i actually bought it very cheap (for a multivalve estate in this overall condition) as it was sold as "spares or repair" as the gearbox is banging when it changes. in reality there is nothing wrong with the gearbox - its the vaccum pipe off the manifold :)

the front wings have rust in the usual places - but probably not set in enough not to be saved.

one rear arch has some rust bubbles on the edge unfortunatly but, again, hopefully wont turn out to be too bad.

the front bumper is past hope, so i'm looking for a new one.

the interior looks like its never been cleaned - but also looks like recently the drivers seat has been replaced with a good one as there is no bolster wear at all.

the outside has moss/green algae in the edges of trim etc - needs a good wash and polish.

i also have a set of alloys to go on it. i really like the zebrano wood and plan on fitting a zebrano wood/leather steering wheel from that recon ebay seller.

i really like the zebrano wood and plan on fitting a zebrano wood/leather steering wheel from that recon ebay seller.

Ooh - where's that? My steering wheel (about the only flaw I can find) is starting to deconstruct so I'd like to Derrida it (ho ho) and I quite like wood and leather.

NeilRR on here and Three Pointed Parts are great sources if you need any bits for this one... have saved a bundle on mine for bits and pieces that are silly money new.

Yes Rob at 3pointedparts has been very good at supplying various bits i need.

plus i've already spent £60 odd on new bits at MB - mainly clips for various things and the breather bungs that will be required when i remove the mainfold to replace the dead glow plugs.

hopefully i'll post up some photos when the fix-up continues!

I guess you might morph into SilverEstate instead of SilverSaloon then ?

Do they pass the Dash test?

not sure, but there is a thread about them here:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/interior/118801-w124-good-steering-wheel.html

the seller sent me some photos of the zebrano wood versions (which i need for the new estate) - looks a decent colour match, but i want to send him a photo of my wood to ensure the best match.

price seems good and from the above thread, the quality is also there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom