New w176 owner cruise control query

Discussion in 'Engine' started by odietv, Feb 6, 2017.

1. odietv

odietv New Member

Car:
    Merc
    Hi all,

new to this car, have a few questions that i need answering so wil ltry to get them all in the correct places.

im looking to retrofit the cruise control onto an 2015 (65) A180d, can someone provide me a list of parts that are required, in particular Mercedes part numbers, so i can order them.

I have access to a star machine so i should be able to code, just need the parts and a fitting guide

once fitted would this give me basic cruise control, speedtronic, distronic, distronic plus? (all seem a bit similar) car has 258 COLLIS.WARN. SYS. W/ ACTIVE BRAKE INTERV. FCW STOP

2. richard

richard Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    MY04 SL55, MY18 GLC63s
    You have to replace the whole steering column switch pack and cowl (its all once part), and there's *loads* depending on model year, options fitted etc. You also need a safety lock for one of the connectors too.

You will not be able to program it with a clone Star. You need Xentry, and online SCN coding, and the ability to update VeDOK - there is a load of stuff to code.

It will give you standard cruise control with the limiter.

Richard

3. OP
    OP
    odietv

odietv New Member

Car:
    Merc
    many thanks

ive got access to a full star so that shouldnt be a problem.

i guess i will need to have a chat with someone that might actually know what parts i need if the variations are too many.