Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How's everyone finding their Coupe's in the snow? I'm quite impressed so far; turn off the traction control and it copes well. Certainly better than my previous car (BMW) :cool:

All my BMW's have been hideous in the snow, which is mainly due to the RunFlat tyres which HATE cold temperatures.

My C350 has been fine, but it's much easier in my wife's Scirocco.

Merc has built itself an igloo on the drive and is currently refusing to come out until I can arrange more appropriate weather conditions. Disco however is loving it! :D.
I am seriously thinking of scurrying off to Florida until normal service is resumed here. Snows novelty value is starting to wear thin now.
Definitely agree with the BMW run flat post. Wife refuses to use her car if there is a chance of snow. Usually a short scuffle to decide who gets the LR. Strangely I always seem to win that fight, whilst she stays at home Hmmm...

Last edited:
These cars have climate control systems, they are designed for it to be run all the time, they cool and they also dehumidify the cabin.
They are so efficient that they simply don't need to be turned off.
Older cars will have more venting going on to help clear the moisture, however, the cabins also loose heat far quicker too and take more heat to keep them warm.

In the past 4 or 5 cars that I have owned, Climate gets set when I 1st collect at 22 degrees and stays set until I sell. In fact in the "dark old days of yore" before I could afford cars with such luxury as climate control and just had plain old air con. I never switched that of either. In the summer cool, in the winter heat/dehumidifying. Dont really see the point in having it and not using it :dk:(insert inuendo here), use it or lose it (and again) I was told that it was false economy to not use it year round, the, minimal, extra fuel cost would be far outweighed by the potential cost of fixing a U/S system through lack of use.
I have never managed to convince my (75 year old) father in law of this however. He views air conditioning as the work of the devil which if even looked at immediately starts draining the fuel tank. I have recently managed to convince him that mobile hones are a good thing and my son has almost got him to buy a laptop computer (still working on that). So maybe in time.

I have recently managed to convince him that mobile hones are a good thing.
Those whetstones are great when you can carry them about aren't they!;)

I totally agree with leaving A/C on all the time and not fiddling around with the temperature settings. I've paid good money for thermostats and a range of sensors in the car so why mess with what it does exceptionally well. The ability to adjust the temperature in the cabin (in 3 zones in the case of my car) is solely to provide a personal preference. For most of us that remains the same, no matter what the weather outside.

Hey guys,
Got a little problem with the AUX cable supplied with the C class. We have comand and can't get the video or sound to come through as it should from the external source. Tried 2 and get the same results.
Anybody had the same issue? I think I could just be a duff lead supplied.
Or maybe mercedes have engineered it so we have to use a phono to 3.5 jack from them?
b6403b0c3a221a9f5636130159d27c56.jpg

The jack in the picture works fine on my tv which is why I think it's the merc part at fault.

Barny said:
Hey guys,
Got a little problem with the AUX cable supplied with the C class. We have comand and can't get the video or sound to come through as it should from the external source. Tried 2 and get the same results.
Anybody had the same issue? I think I could just be a duff lead supplied.
Or maybe mercedes have engineered it so we have to use a phono to 3.5 jack from them?

The jack in the picture works fine on my tv which is why I think it's the merc part at fault.

That lead is just an audio lead, you get 3 with Comand - iPod, USB and 3.5mm jack.

I think you need the "media interface plus" fitted to be able to play video, certainly from an iPhone.

I have the media interface leads for USB and iPod also, they work ok.
I can get video and pictures onto the screen through that lead, it's just there is interference.
It's says in the manual that this is the lead to use for external video. Just wanted to know if others have had trouble. I'll see if mercedes have another lead I can try.
Thanks for the reply.

Barny said:
I have the media interface leads for USB and iPod also, they work ok.
I can get video and pictures onto the screen through that lead, it's just there is interference.
It's says in the manual that this is the lead to use for external video. Just wanted to know if others have had trouble. I'll see if mercedes have another lead I can try.
Thanks for the reply.

Apologies, your right. Is your coloured video/audio cable a Merc one? Theres one on page 7 of the following catalogue...

http://www.mercedes-benz.se/applications/brochure/Genuine accessories for the B-Class.pdf

**edit**

I was just about to get myself one to mess with, until i saw the price...

http://shop.mercedes-benzsouthwest...._info.php/manufacturers_id/10/products_id/969

Last edited:
Thanks for the links, that's what I recon I need. ( if my aux is working as it should )
The one I have is just a generic one so no doubt merc have made it so it only works with their cable.
But looking at the price I may just get creative with my soldering iron.

Collect my new C180 Coupe AMG Sport tomorrow, Black , panoramic, did not know about the "sound enhancement" ?
Welcome Ian!
Congratulations on the car, do you mean the sound from the exhaust or from the audio system?

The exhaust sound enhancement which i saw posted about on an earlier thread ?
I say goodbye to my 3 year old C180 sport saloon ( fire opal )tomorrow, not a single mechanical problem, one warranty issue, the internal chrome ( plastic ) door handle broke in 2 years of ownership.

Is that not part of the handling pack that changes the exhaust note?
I hope you have as much joy with the new one.
And get some pictures up of your new toy when you pick it up.

Is that not part of the handling pack that changes the exhaust note?
I hope you have as much joy with the new one.
And get some pictures up of your new toy when you pick it up.

Handling pack does come with a sportier exhaust note, but it's not an option on the C180!

Just got an urgent message to call dealer to confirm the earliest collection date for car is 6th March which is what I actually requested. Total wind up call actually getting excited now after waiting so long, so need to sort grille, amp & book appt with pentagon.

Great looking car ian - love the alloys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom