Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My 220cdi coupe coming up for first service in March it has run faultlessly and I have been well pleased so far. Only one problem the chrome on the steering wheel has started to come away by the right hand buttons at the back of the wheel. Took it back to the dealer, they said straight away that it would be covered by warranty. They took pictures and true to their word two weeks later had a call to say the new steering wheel was in and they booked my car in to get it fitted. Goes in this Thursday to be done along with a recall on a hose end. So can't complain about that for service. Averaging mid 40s MPG since I had it and a lot of my driving is commuting, this compares to my previous which was a Freelander 2 HSE which averaged 33/34 and the road tax is nearly half. All in all I am glad I changed

I opened my Pan roof today for the first time lol ! There some kind of Net that sticks up, is this to reduce wind??

Yes it's a defuser. You can poke it down with your hand while driving and can really notice a differance

I have finally bought back into the mb world. After months of wanting to get the coupe the sensible family man head returned and I have gone for the saloon (the heart says coupe but can see it becoming a drag with wife and child intow)

So the spec
220di sport plus auto
Obsidian black
Becker (though will probably just keep using existing tomtom)
Driver assistance pack
Memory package
Heated seats
Audio 50 - 6 cd changer
DAB radio
Panoramic roof

Not long to wait - pick up at the end of the week!

What do you folks feel about the servicing package? Good value? I am debating to go for it but not 100% sold on it.

The tyre insurance? Again people's thoughts....

Any great suggestions for things to check/do when I collect later this week?

Will post some pics when arrives at $tealer (though very impressed with pricing) if I get chance and of course when I get it.

Look forward to coming back into the fold.

Worth remembering Becker can be bought on eBay much much cheaper and then just plugs in! 6 CD - hmmm, can Bluetooth link phones, iPads, mp3s etc etc, so not much need for CDs now but of course a personal choice. Otherwise all looks great, enjoy!!

Berkshire Rich said:
Worth remembering Becker can be bought on eBay much much cheaper and then just plugs in! 6 CD - hmmm, can Bluetooth link phones, iPads, mp3s etc etc, so not much need for CDs now but of course a personal choice. Otherwise all looks great, enjoy!!

Agree with you. The car had the cd and Becker fitted already and I had exactly the same conversation with the dealer and as a result negotiated on the price so I feel they haven't really cost a lot. I am thinking positively that I can put my little girls cd's in car and do not have to load up on iPhone and the Becker may fetch me some money by selling it......

iPads, mp3s etc etc, so not much need for CDs now

USB port is also very useful, I bought a 32gb memory stick, I've got over a 1,000 tracks on it and still room for more, and you can add and delete as you please and much quicker to use than a CD changer. I can't remember the last time I even played a cd

asinrutee said:
USB port is also very useful, I bought a 32gb memory stick, I've got over a 1,000 tracks on it and still room for more, and you can add and delete as you please and much quicker to use than a CD changer. I can't remember the last time I even played a cd

I agree, I did opt for the 6 cd changer, on the day I collected the car I put 3 CDs in. Same 3 are still in there and have probably been played once but have an 8gb USB stick that has been updated numerous times and used daily.

I assume the lead is supplied with car to attach iPod. I think the same 6 cd's will remain in my set for all time!

We have not changed the usb stick in the BMW since we had vehicle over 2 years now.

Hi Guys,

I've recently recieved my 2012 C220 Sport Plus Coupe.

I know its a bit lazy but there is 97 pages on this thread...
Has anyone had any luck converting their front end to a c63 front end?
I would love to do a full conversion but am slightly hesitant as i'm sure there are a lot of issues to encounter.

Thanks again

Zach

Hi Guys,

I've recently recieved my 2012 C220 Sport Plus Coupe.

I know its a bit lazy but there is 97 pages on this thread...
Has anyone had any luck converting their front end to a c63 front end?
I would love to do a full conversion but am slightly hesitant as i'm sure there are a lot of issues to encounter.

Thanks again

Zach
Congratulations! :cool:

There is a "mods" thread here: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/bodywork/135214-my2013-c-coupe-sports-plus-modifications.html

That in itself is into 40 odd pages but it's much more focused on mods of course.

There are a couple of options, but according to the thread the best fitting C63 style grill is this one from CKS: W204 C Class Coupe Sport Grille C63 look Black with Chrome slat W204 Sport Grille C63 look Black with Chrome slat [***204B-2-204SC] - £104.17 : CKS Performance

26950396.jpg

I assume the lead is supplied with car to attach iPod. I think the same 6 cd's will remain in my set for all time!

Leads are not supplied as standard, for that you need the "media pack" - which is 3 cables for a whopping £195.

Check page 92 of this very thread for more detailed info on exactly what advantage you get from these cables, versus Bluetooth connections, USB sticks, or using the cables that come with your device instead :wallbash:

Thought I would share my new 'un with you all. Straight off the transporter ready for driving away tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 65
I got a Becker for £185 off Ebay thanks to advice off here, dealer wanted £500,

Completed a nice drive down to London and back.

Very impressed with the car and especially Distronic Plus I am in absolute awe of how it works. Keeping a steady (ahem) what the national limit should be! I averaged 42.1 mpg on the way down and 41.9 mpg on the way back which i think is pretty good saying the engine needs a little loosening.

The car does steer a little to the left (will get this checked) and the passenger front window button on the drivers door does not light up in the dark but other than that it feels great.

Playing constantly with the memory seats to get the perfect seating position and even slightly impressed with the Becker though on time critical journeys may rely on the TomTom for speed cameras and Live traffic re-routing.

There does appear to be an interesting smell when I exit the car but I assume it is the exhaust bedding in. Glad I have worked out how to automatically fold in/out the side mirrors and set the mirror to dip when reversing.

500 miles done and very pleased with the dynamics of the car.

Here is hoping that economy improves... radar cruise is epic isnt it?

I am sure it will get better includes travelling through central london in stop start traffic as well as steady motorway jaunt - radar cruise is absolutely stunning did not really believe it would be so effective

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom