Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I hope you don't mid me posting in here, thought this would be the most appropriate place....After a few years in the wilderness I am looking to return to MB. I am looking to buy a C Class Coupe 250 Sport Plus.

I hope to get the car in Diamond Silver or Red as I am fed up of Black (shows everything up), and the wifey will not allow a white... (I know this is my car but....)

At the moment I am looking to add:
Privacy Glass
Panoramic Roof
AMG Handling Pack
Lighting Pack

I am toying with COMAND especially as looking to go via finance route but like the idea of Becker Pilot (via ebay)

Is there any other must haves people can recommend?

I will be doing about 12k per year so it really is a toss up between petrol or diesel I guess it comes down to 2 things.
1) Availability
2) Cost

As a Company Director of my own Ltd company I have the option of buying on a Contract Hire through the business (think the diesel would be the better option if I go this way) or to buy personally (deposit+finance). I really am in 2 minds as to the best way to go.

Can anyone give a succinct, justified reason as to which way I should go?

I am in an enviable position (I suppose) as I have options but there is almost too much choice so I cannot see the wood for the trees!

If I buy private I could get a ex-demo/dealer car and avoid some of the depreciation but I have not bought a used car for over 10 years so really not sure how much leeway there is in the pricing and how finance rates will compare to buying 'New'.

Would really appreciate your guidance and help me to get the best deal possible.

Cheers, Bob

I was in pretty similar position to you with regard to purchase options.

Best answer concerning finance is to visit a dealer (I have a good contact if you want one) and see what they can do for you.

I also started with the best intentions of getting a nearly new vehicle but the finance options they can offer on new cars mean that they are a "no-brainer"...if not looking to finance then its a different story.

As for spec. mine has COMAND, heated seats (not essential with the alcantara upholstery), pano roof and privacy. It was a "stock" car (so I avoided all the ordering/delivery delay shenanigans thank God), but I don't think I would have specced a factory order any differently. The Sport Plus has an excellent level of equipment so really doesnt want for much. I really like the roof as it makes such a difference to what is a fairly black interior. COMAND is a very good system. The satnav sees daily use and the speed limit assist thingy is very handy. Music is very well catered for and excellent quality even without the HK upgrade.

Oh and I have red seat belts!! They're really not that bad and do go quite well with the stitching on the seats.

BobMushroom - welcome and great choice of car as it looks like it will be very similar to mine (if petrol and Diamond Silver!). As for a finance deal, my local dealer could not / would not offer anything as good as I could find elsewhere. Best people were carfile.net and I sought a quote for the same car as you (petrol) and similar spec - minus COMAND, but with heated seats and the HK sound system.

The quote came back via their friendly MB dealer with:

- deposit £1k
- 36 mths at £466
- GFV £17.3k

The deposit and GFV are almost the same as my local dealer but he wanted £575 per month so carfile would save me nearly £4k. Very friendly and helpful people too.

good luck!

Last edited:
Chrisbin - thanks for your comments - would love to know your contact perhaps you could pm me the details. Did you go private or business? I was hoping that with the spec I may be able to avoid a lengthy wait. Interesting what you say about heated seats as I was thinking the same.

Berkshire Rich - thanks for the tip on carfile.net will certainly get a comparison. 4k over 3 years is a big difference. Can I ask what real mpg you are managing from the petrol? Do you find the HK sound system greatly better than the standard. Could you live without the heated seats?

Sorry for further questions just thought I would take advantage of those in the know.

Bob sorry would love to answer your questions but I dont have the car yet! Only ordered last month and had a few hitches before it was finally processed too!

I know this forum is over 50 pages but certainly some have commented on the HK sound system v the standard, and on the mpg. You can search by word tags. Coley40 is a member who took delivery of a C250 petrol coupe with handling pack, back in July, so you could search his posts too.

I have had Bose sound systems for the last 9 years so I am a bit obsessed with top quality speakers and wattage, sorry, plus had heated seats for the same period....

Valkirk - thanks for the link. I had tried them and although a good price (beats carfile by approx £170) their finance rates are slightly higher as seem to be with them rather than through dealer.

Berkshire Rich - No worries, I am slowly making my way through all the pages... A lot to take in but some great info.

I hope you don't mid me posting in here, thought this would be the most appropriate place....After a few years in the wilderness I am looking to return to MB. I am looking to buy a C Class Coupe 250 Sport Plus.

I hope to get the car in Diamond Silver or Red as I am fed up of Black (shows everything up), and the wifey will not allow a white... (I know this is my car but....)

At the moment I am looking to add:
Privacy Glass
Panoramic Roof
AMG Handling Pack
Lighting Pack

I am toying with COMAND especially as looking to go via finance route but like the idea of Becker Pilot (via ebay)

Is there any other must haves people can recommend?

I will be doing about 12k per year so it really is a toss up between petrol or diesel I guess it comes down to 2 things.
1) Availability
2) Cost

As a Company Director of my own Ltd company I have the option of buying on a Contract Hire through the business (think the diesel would be the better option if I go this way) or to buy personally (deposit+finance). I really am in 2 minds as to the best way to go.

Can anyone give a succinct, justified reason as to which way I should go?

I am in an enviable position (I suppose) as I have options but there is almost too much choice so I cannot see the wood for the trees!

If I buy private I could get a ex-demo/dealer car and avoid some of the depreciation but I have not bought a used car for over 10 years so really not sure how much leeway there is in the pricing and how finance rates will compare to buying 'New'.

Would really appreciate your guidance and help me to get the best deal possible.

Cheers, Bob

Hi Bob,

First - check with your accountant about getting the car through your Ltd - as it is a company car, will you have to pay BIK?

For options, I would test drive a car with the sunroof fitted. If you are over 5'10" you may find that the headroom feels a bit cramped with it fitted, even with your seat on the lowest setting (I did).

The other options are all good :)

I have COMAND fitted to my ED125. It is a rubbish SatNav, but then so is the Becker apparently. The online functionality is pure gimmick and adds no value at all. If you have a smartphone you will use it (not when driving, kids) over COMAND every time. LINGATRONIC or whatever they call the speech recognition is also a rubbish gimmick - the only time I ever use it is to "cancel route guidance" (are you sure? YES).

Spend the money on the HK speakers and you will not be disappointed.

ah so its specific ato amg pack on diesels - wow its so inconsistent

looking through discussions its been multiple reasons for delays

- amg handling pack (on diesels)
- pan roof
- certain colours

sooo glad mines here with no hassle - do commend all you guys have the patients of saints i feel i would have jumped ship

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't waiting, just when I ordered it the dealer came straight back to me saying it might be a problem, but still secure my build slot, I just had to remove it the week before the build, so from my point of view it didn't delay my car at all, OK so I didn't get the pack, but in hindsight think it would have been a waste of money as more than happy with what I have.

OK so I didn't get the pack, but in hindsight think it would have been a waste of money as more than happy with what I have.

I didn't select that either and defo don't think I made a mistake. In Sport Mode, I don't see what else you'd need in the real world. :dk:

Chrisbin - thanks for your comments - would love to know your contact perhaps you could pm me the details. Did you go private or business? I was hoping that with the spec I may be able to avoid a lengthy wait. Interesting what you say about heated seats as I was thinking the same.

Berkshire Rich - thanks for the tip on carfile.net will certainly get a comparison. 4k over 3 years is a big difference. Can I ask what real mpg you are managing from the petrol? Do you find the HK sound system greatly better than the standard. Could you live without the heated seats?

Sorry for further questions just thought I would take advantage of those in the know.

Don't miss ticking the heated seats box!:thumb:

Agree with Magoo. Heated seats is a must. This, the HK sound system upgrade and red leather are my top upgrades. The red against Obsidian Black is a real eye catcher :) Enjoy

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't waiting, just when I ordered it the dealer came straight back to me saying it might be a problem, but still secure my build slot, I just had to remove it the week before the build, so from my point of view it didn't delay my car at all, OK so I didn't get the pack, but in hindsight think it would have been a waste of money as more than happy with what I have.

agree. i didnt select it - did think about it alot but been totally happy with the car as standard - eventhough its a great car not known one to cause so many build date problems with options

If getting leather then heated seats are indeed a must. If not, then I'm not convinced.

Sorry, can't agree with Fuji's comments about the nav part of COMAND - as said, I use it more or less daily and I would say its excellent. COMAND online I would agree is a bit of a gimmick and doesn't compare with the BMW iDrive online stuff.

Bob I'll pm you some details - ooops, I can't as you haven't posted enough yet!!

Nice car,however that front grill so needs to be black.:devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom