Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is from my c63 estate. I'm running 19" wheels. I wonder if it's correct??

ForumRunner_20131230_102953.jpg

In a C63 estate I could see a case for increased pressures from the smaller engined slower C Class cars in anticipation of higher running /cornering speeds in your heavier car. I reckon the lower loading pressures indicated will be fine for almost all UK motoring and would apply to your 19" wheels also. The "recommended" tyre pressures are in a mess now because they are constantly being fiddled with for better emission figures . As always its a matter of personal choice and you can always ask your dealer for advice but I doubt if they can shed much light on the matter other than to say stick with what's on the filler cap.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, new to the forum, just bought a 2014 C180 Coupe with the 1.6 Petrol.

Hoping I'm in the right place and not about to get flamed...

Was wondering if anyone knew of a brabus/carlsson type performance kit for the new 1.6 engine?

As you probably know with the 2013/14 UK range they only do the 1.6 C180 petrol or the 220 and 250 diesels. The 220 was minimal difference over the C180 (+14 BHP - not worth it) and the 250 was nigh on 4 grand more so couldnt afford it!

Plus I got a fantastic deal on mine, just fancy a few more horses under the bonnet!?

Thanks

I have had mine just over a year now and have been looking extensively, the main tunes are a plug and play tuning box which you can get from carlsson or kleemann etc. You will be looking around £800-£1000 though!

Cheers guys. What are the performance gains on those boxes? Are they the sort of things I could remove if need be (ie if going in for a service)? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

You will be looking around 30-38 bhp gains and around similar torque gains, so in comparison to the price quite reasonable.

Wow that sounds ideal, do you think they are the sort of thing that might adversely effect any existing parts? Concerned about warranty etc

If you Google something like 'mercedes benz tuning' various companies will come up. I would expect any type of ecu enhancement would put added pressure on other components in the drivetrain, as you would expect Mercedes build the car for that engine as stock so like any bolt on modification, other parts of the engine will have to cope with the added performance. I am by far not a proffessional in tuning, but have quite a bit of knowledge about modding. I personally would go for a tuning box, but am also looking for a replacement intercooler to go with, and even upgrade the exhaust and air filter. Basic principles suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

Hi All, I have already posted this in the Interior forum but have struggled to get confirmation of what I need to know on my car which is C Class coupe with optional lighting pack.

Appreciate if someone could confirm this for me:

Underneath the rear view mirror the map reading lights double up as ambient lighting when you have the optional lighting pack right? But do they both work in this way or just the drivers side one?

In mine only the drivers one works in this way so just looking for confirmation that this is correct before going to see the experts.

By the way, it costs £527.95 for a new rear view mirror ... Think the person that wrote Mercedes price list either had 'sticky keys' turned on on their laptop or they must have been smoking something that they shouldn't ...

Cheers for any help.

What discount on prices can one reasonably expect on run out C class Mercedes?. Any info.appreciated.

Huge!!

Around £10,000 off a C250cdi AMG Sport model.

Most of the deals are going though so stock obviously running out.
Estate deals are still on but not as good.

Car quote | Coast2Coast Cars

Hi guys just bought a 250cdi coupe in diamond silver with the black amg alloys. The chrome strip around the window seal is coming away so while its going into Mercedes to get that fixed I was thinking of getting a CKS black grill and getting them to fit it. Just wondering if anyone has any pics of a diamond silver with the black grill on it?

Sold my TTS to get the coupe and couldn't be happier, Mercedes are a level above Audi :thumb:

This grill was from CKS bought off Ebay £130.00. It only took about 45minutes to fit and I'm no wiz with cars.

Attachments

• 01921aff312599e29f991393ff715ed611a3cf6555.jpg
    01921aff312599e29f991393ff715ed611a3cf6555.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I'm wanting to do some bits to mine

Attachments

• image-1286834627.jpg
    image-1286834627.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 53
Not to jump a thread but I have a spare CKS grille I removed from my W204 before trading it in.

Here's my c coupe palladium silver with the cks SL style grill:

image-2404440361.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom