New w204 on its way cant wait

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks Paul i will post some pictures soon delivery date is the 16th so not long to wait now

Cheers paul :thumb:

Hi John,

Your excitement is infectious - I'm excited for you! I'll be looking out for the pictures with interest. :thumb:

You look like you have a great dealer there too. Doesn't seem to happen very often, regrettably, so well worth keeping in with them.

Very pleased for you. :)

Hi John,

Your excitement is infectious - I'm excited for you! I'll be looking out for the pictures with interest. :thumb:

You look like you have a great dealer there too. Doesn't seem to happen very often, regrettably, so well worth keeping in with them.

Very pleased for you. :)

Hi Corned

Thanks for your very nice comments, will post some pictures soon cheers mate :thumb:

I also had an invite to the Bromley MB open days event but declined the offer. Its far tooooooo tempting a place to be and I can weaken easily. So I did the only sensible thing and stayed away.

BEWARE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! The free invite to hoot round a track in an AMG is designed to do two things.......
1. It will make you terribly aware of the shortcomings of an ordinary MB - particularly in the area of performance.
2. To eventually get you to consider being an AMG customer.

Again.............for me.........tooooooooooooooo tempting.

Satan - get thee behind me.

However.....ENJOY ! ! ! ! ! ! !

How exciting all round! Enjoy the new car and the hooning around in the AMG!

I also had an invite to the Bromley MB open days event but declined the offer. Its far tooooooo tempting a place to be and I can weaken easily. So I did the only sensible thing and stayed away.

BEWARE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! The free invite to hoot round a track in an AMG is designed to do two things.......
1. It will make you terribly aware of the shortcomings of an ordinary MB - particularly in the area of performance.

Hi Dave :thumb:

Yes i should have known, i fell for the sucker punch i should have stayed away

But now i have taken the plunge the more i think about it the bigger the smile after all Dave its only money

The AMG thing got that covered wifes coming with me ha ha :wallbash:

Thanks for your comments Dave :thumb:

How exciting all round! Enjoy the new car and the hooning around in the AMG!

Hi Charles :thumb:

look forward to seeing you at the next GTG at MB Brooklands, After you have looked at the big AMG`S You might come over and have a look at my little 180 :thumb:

Cheers Charles

Hi Charles :thumb:

look forward to seeing you at the next GTG at MB Brooklands, After you have looked at the big AMG`S You might come over and have a look at my little 180 :thumb:

Cheers Charles

Even my little BMW has a larger engine! Anyway, I would be delighted.

Three days and counting.
That's 72 hours.
Or 4320 minutes
Or over a quarter of a million seconds.

Doesn't time drag?

It is a potential marketing exercise but also a nice thing to do for their customer. It will lure them back in 3 years for another C180 for sure as well as for services.

I've not taken an AMG round MB world, merely an E500 coupe and got back into my E220 and never felt I must go and buy one, I accepted it was a lot faster a car then my own and enjoyed my 30mins of company in it. I've tested S6 Audi (the V10 one) and jumped back into my E and thought what the hell, that was a scream but never fell dissappointed with what I have. A normal C180 whilst no rocket ship, for day to day driving and handling will be a pleasant way to get about.

The open days and we'll give you £2k off are the weakeners, and the OP seized the chance of getting a brand spanking new motor for £2000 less than what it would have cost if he had just walked in off the street.

JUST an update to this thread had a phone call and a nice surprize from MB Bromley

They have organised a day trip to MB WORLD to drive a AMG not a passenger but to drive a AMG round the track no charge for this a freeby

I have never sat in a AMG let alone drive one

This week is just getting better and better fantastic Whoopee :thumb:

You will love it.. although it feels a bit surreal, like a computer game almost!

Thanks Jay

Yes looking forward to it you bet , Better take a clean pair of pants i think :crazy:

Thanks Ted :thumb: For working that out i tried the other day and gave up after 30 minutes

<<<< Wonder why i didnt get an invite from my local dealer?
Nice car , hope you get a great deal of pleasure from it . :thumb:

Thanks NOMONEYBUTAMERC good username and how true when you have a merc no money :wallbash:

As a matter of interest , what sort of mpg do you get from your c180 ? Been looking around for a C220 cdi for my mate , mainly for economy , but obviously diesel is more expensive at the pump these days.
Martin

Hi Martin

Getting about 48 mpg on motorways 28mpg urban about 38 mpg combined thats roughly all depends on how heavy my right foot is in a hurry or plenty of time it can vary quite a bit :eek: hope the new car will be a bit more economical

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom