New: W206 C Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Slightly larger A-class saloon then.

I think the bulk of peoples reactions to each new model that is unveiled could be copied and pasted from any of the last 10-15 years or so :)

I remember when the W203 and W204 were launched and several people didn’t like the look of those ;)

I think the bulk of peoples reactions to each new model that is unveiled could be copied and pasted from any of the last 10-15 years or so :)

I remember when the W203 and W204 were launched and several people didn’t like the look of those ;)
I am waiting to read all the new threads asking about lease deals on them when released 😂

Stopped watching after seeing the oversized tablet, so am just guessing that the main selling point will be 5G wirelless connection and the size of hard drive.

I must be the only one who thinks the interior looks nice 😬

Sides of the car look very simil to W205

This is what puts me off all new MB models the most. They couldn’t even bother providing a well incorporated, engineered solution but just bodged the tablet in front of the wheel.
9F4DA339-63E8-4393-9FDF-2C961462F12F.jpeg

This is what puts me off all new MB models the most. They couldn’t even bother providing a well incorporated, engineered solution but just bodged the tablet in front of the wheel.
View attachment 108744
Ah yes I see what you mean, I thought you meant the central screen which I think looks good.

Ah yes I see what you mean, I thought you meant the central screen which I think looks good.
Don’t mind anything in central part as it’s something that keeps Mrs occupied while I’m driving but having that in front of me would drive me crazy.

Hard to tell how the disguised interior will look but the stuck on screens are dreadful. When the time comes for a change I doubt I'll be getting a W206. It's grown in size as they usually do and while at 7" longer than my W204 it will still fit in the garage, it leaves me less space to move around. If I stay with MB it will have to be an A class.

Slightly larger A-class saloon then.
@jdrrco Not really. It's on the MRA II platform, vs the MFA platform of the A class saloon. It benefits from the new S class interior (controversial, but I like the giant screen and the option of a much larger heads up display) and stuff like rear wheel steering (which you don't get on the A class) and a plug in hybrid with a much bigger battery than the A250e, which would offer a claimed 100km of range. Ride and refinement are supposed to be better than the existing W205 too. I've had A classes as courtesy cars when my airmatic W205 has been in for service and I'm so glad to hand them back after a few hours. MB recently admitted they have focused too much on cheaper models and need to get back to luxury.

"There’s an appealing calmness to the C300’s fast-cruising ability that wouldn’t be amiss in a car twice its projected £40,000 price.

This also extends to the ride, which is superbly controlled, with outstanding compliance and quietness, even despite the stiff sidewalls of winter tyres."

Autocar W206 prototype review

And I guess this if true is about to drive folks up the wall...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom