New: W206 C Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I kinda like the interior - but why do steering wheels more and more resemble Apollo mission control?

Bring back elegant steering wheels with horn rings I say! ;) 🤣

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Are we sure it's the W206? And not the facelift W205 facelifted again?

I think there's only that much R&D money that car manufacturers are prepared to invest these days in brand new non-EV designs. In other words, it's like spending money on ice sculpturing.... you know it will melt away soon. I don't expect any great innovation in any future MB car that isn't EV.

I must be the only one who thinks the interior looks nice 😬
No - I think the interior is an improvement on the 205, (which was already excellent), it’s the exterior that I find completely underwhelming. Sad face, bland overall shape, doesn’t say progress in any way really.

Not impressed at all really. IMHO a bit of a car identikit. And that screen looks so out of place. I am assuming it is touchscreen - right there is an accident waiting to happen! And yes, I know I indicated differently in an earlier post!

Also is it me or do the seats look like a sad person hunched forward?

Or do I need to increase my dosage?

The more I see it the more I don't like it. It's morfed into a smaller version of the current E class which has never appealed to me , too smooth too anonymous, I'm sure I've posted this before, getting old, it's Friday , too much alchohol.

I suppose it's an inevitable progression given cars are now selling on the interior with the size of the touch screen being a differentiator. Hard to say without seeing one in the flesh but to me the stuck on screens look worse the bigger they get.

I've driven my sons new car several times recently and that has a big screen. I can honestly say I didn't look at it once while driving and was very thankful I didn't have to touch it for any basic operations. You are naturally going to want your eyes on the road when driving someone else's brand new car but seems to me it's good policy to always have your eyes on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom