new w208 230clk owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrcgibb

Car
230 clk w208
hello guys , new to forum and mercedes after owning saabs for years ,
my new merc is 1999 and the wheels arches are going rust wise and rear boot lock , and lower front bonnet as well as stone chips that previous owner never took care off and little bits at edges of door bottoms and bonnet pillars etc .
This hasnt put me off the car , i am going to repair it by myself , i have no workshop and will be using rattle cans i will keep the thread updated as well as show pics before and after ,
for the rust issue i will grind as much as possible away then kill any remaining with bilt hamber hydrate 80 , this will be primed with bilt hamber electrox a very high zinc content primer , then top coated with proffetional mixed rattle cans , not halfruads specials :) i hope that there is some interest in this and some of you will find it interesting.

Oh the car will then have all inside arches wings doors etc rust proofed with dynax ;) and no i dont work for bilt hamber , but there products are superb !:D

I'll be interested to see how you get on, my 2002 clk has a few small bubbles appearing on one of the arches & was thinking of tackling it myself.

Post some pics if you can..

I will also be watching with interest. Some before pics and throughout the process would be thoroughly appreciated.

nps guys i am in angola just now so work wont start till a few weeks maybe 2 month need to wait for better weather anyway and pics will be posted

back from Angola?

i hope it was fun.

hi m8 sorry still here till round 8th may ... home for 3 weeks then back out again so hope to get it done while home

well guys quick update i am STILL in Angola , and as such i couldnt leave the car anylonger so i had it transported down to CKLCLIVE to have the work carried it !
The car is with him as we speak and so far i cant recommend him enough , always updates on progress and is doing an unbelieable good job.
Cutting rust out and replacing with new metal etc the doors had both rotted through from the inside inc the frames :(! so managed to source 2 doors on ebay and have them delivered to him .
I am sure he wont mind me posting progress pics ;)

here is car before going down 600 miles to Clive
Picture309-1.jpg

Picture306-1.jpg

Picture305-1.jpg

Picture304-2.jpg

Picture303-1.jpg

Picture295-1.jpg

and car now ...please note old doors still on

5ecdca46.jpg

d66b91d8.jpg

cc6772af.jpg

8fa532cb.jpg

1d66689c.jpg

617dd984.jpg

a8efa0b1.jpg

1ed3f480.jpg

4fbab3e5.jpg

He will also rust proof wheel arches and inside doors as well as underseal the car ;)

So far i am a very hapy bunny ;)

Looks good progress - can I be cheeky and ask ballpark how much this is costing you?

Matt

Clive is VE|RY reasonable , to the point it is worht me paying the 350 cost of tranporting the car down , and same again for getting it back up to me ........

Work looks v good so far. Will have to get mine over to Clive to look at and fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom