New w209 CLK240

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blak500

Car
SL500 R230
hi guys I am thinking of buying a CLK 240 in siver, w209 model i will try and post the link from autotrader:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...hicleYearOfManufacture=2002&vehicleRegLetter=

I was wondering if there are anything that I should watch out for when looking at thses cars and also how much I should be paying. I currently own a SL500 2003 model which has been in and out of the garage with lots of gremlins, to be honest it has made me wary of buying a merc again, but I really like the ride, do you feel a 2004 CLK Avantgarde 240 will be the same or more reliable?? Thanks for any advice!! Cheers! :D

I think after you have had a 500 a 2.6 will be a bit slow for you, You've obviously had a bad experience with one Benz that has put doubts in your mind about others... I have had my CLK500 for nearly a year now and its been great, a few niggles that go with a 2002 car but it is a good car, infact one of the best cars that I have owned and I have had loads!!!!.
If I was you stepping out of an SL500, I'd want to continue with a CLK 500.. at the end of the day all models have their own quirks and sometimes you can get a "Friday afternoon" car. In the add for the 240 it states that it has Brabus alloys, they look like copies to me as I cannot see any Brabus badging on the rim. Other than that it looks ok, but for not that much more you could have a CLK500...
Good luck with your hunt for a new Benz....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom