New w211 E270 thermostat. What is this hole for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Mirror Man

Car
W211 E270 CDI Elegance.Rover 75 Tourer
IMG_20170418_181930 (800x600).jpg

I bought this stat off a seller on ebay (actual stat pictured above), not anyone on here. I've looked at a couple of how-to threads online and a couple if vids but can't find any mention of anything fitting into or onto the machined hole at the bottom of the stat housing.

I haven't started the job yet, and don't want to until I know I have the right part.

Q: Is there something that will fit into this hole or do I have the wrong stat?

If the same as the W210 (which I think it is) then there is a plastic piece (spacer?) that looks like a cotton reel that sits there. When you take the old one off, it will become evident.

If the same as the W210 (which I think it is) then there is a plastic piece (spacer?) that looks like a cotton reel that sits there. When you take the old one off, it will become evident.

Is it just a push fit?

Make sure your old one has the tube, some stats have the casting for tube but no hole.

Thanks everyone.
The stat I ordered was described as a new Gates stat and the one that arrived is a MotoRad that looks like a reconditioned item, by the witness marks around the fixing bolt holes.
I've now ordered a new one from Mercedes. It will cost a little more but it will be the correct one and will fit.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom