New W213 can't connect to internet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

L80OUS

Car
W213 EClass
Just picked up a 2016 E CLASS with dual 12.3 screens. However I can't get it to connect to the Internet
I have been into Hotspot and paired it with my password from the car, it then took me to a Vodafone page on my phone (Samsung A52S 5G) where I registered and signed up for a free month 1GB. This all went through OK, says paired on the Voda page and phone connected to car Hotspot still but no Internet, can anyone tell, me what's wrong?

I’m not really sure to be honest but in my experience when I did do a connection it was really slow and clunky, I would help but to be honest I cannot remember how I got the connection.

Does the inbuilt user manual help?

Robin

I had the one month free trial of Vodafone Internet In the Car with the EQC - it was very good, ran Amazon music off it until the trial was finished.

Whilst connection wasn't a problem, the initial setup was as I was doing it all off the phone and it seemed to register the phone as the car. Eventually got that sorted out. To carry on with it at a reasonable level of data was £11 per month, but as I can't get Spotify app in the car it would mean two subscriptions (Spotify Premium and Vodafone) so I've stuck with streaming over bluetooth.

Can you remember the steps you went through? Sounds like the same thing I'm trying to do

Can you remember the steps you went through? Sounds like the same thing I'm trying to do

Not really, it was the second day of ownership and was doing it on the fly, just cobbling my way through it to be honest.

I've never done it, but the first place I look for things like this is Youtube. Hopefully this is what you are looking to do.

I’ve had the same thing since last year - been through every setting, had the car into Mercedes (who could not find a hardware or software problem but still couldn’t fix it) and been through the help system directly with Mercedes who were useless. I paid money to vodaphone who could see that I was unable to use the data that I had paid for but couldn’t fix it. Just given up - I have a 2020 E class. The Mercedes Me app won’t connect to the ca either. I’ve driven the car all over the UK and this is not a network issue with Vodaphone

I wouldn't worry too much - you're not missing anything. I had the trial when I first got my E Class and it's too slow and clunky. You'd be better off getting apple carplay or android auto enabled if not done already.

I wouldn't worry too much - you're not missing anything. I had the trial when I first got my E Class and it's too slow and clunky. You'd be better off getting apple carplay or android auto enabled if not done already.

I agree about internet, never even activated the trial period. But Mercedes Me has some useful features. If none work, is that because of the service subscription has expired or is it a HW issue?

Mercedes me features don’t rely on the internet subscription. They’ll function whether or not you pay the vodafone subscription. Some of the mercedes me features are subscription based though.

If you check with your local dealer or MB direct, they should be able to get mercedes me set up for you. Mine wouldn’t activate through the app - the dealer had to do something to register me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom