New wheel colour thoughts please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

streethawk

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320cdi sport
Bit of a poll folks as I want to refurb my wheels so I think I'll change the colour too. Some pics here and I am edging towards shadow chrome first pic but also like the dark grey (front wheel pic) too but not sure if it's too dark! Let me know your thoughts thanks.

ForumRunner_20150821_193842.jpg

ForumRunner_20150821_193904.jpg

ForumRunner_20150821_193923.jpg

ForumRunner_20150821_193938.jpg

I'd go for shadow/black chrome on a black car. I don't think the pictures are showing the true colour of shadow chrome.

My neighbour has black alloys on black car, not my taste.

But option 4 of a metallic dark shade on black actually looks good, option 4 gets my vote :thumb:

My neighbour has black alloys on black car, not my taste.

But option 4 of a metallic dark shade on black actually looks good, option 4 gets my vote :thumb:

Ohhh now I've got a dilemma ha. I was along the shadow chrome choice because I thought the shape and curves of my wheels would work well with that colour. I can also make the shadow chrome darker if I like because they could put less silver on which is also an option. I really like the others too but just think it could be too dark as I seen an identical car to mine with black wheels which looked pants imo.

ohhh now i've got a dilemma ha. I was along the shadow chrome choice because i thought the shape and curves of my wheels would work well with that colour. I can also make the shadow chrome darker if i like because they could put less silver on which is also an option. I really like the others too but just think it could be too dark as i seen an identical car to mine with black wheels which looked pants imo.

ForumRunner_20150821_214811.jpg

ForumRunner_20150821_214824.jpg

Personally I like dark wheels on a dark car. Especially if you paint the calipers' it really makes them pop.

228009d1328567499-new-e-class-w211-picture-thread-174.jpg

This is mine, ignore the red center caps they are gone now. I need to get some better shots from the side, this shot does not really show the wheels very well.

Last edited:

Ummm I like that actually look like 19's too

They are 20" Carlsson 1/10 UL. I am actually changing them for HRE P103's as I got the Carlssons before I did the wide body so I am running large spacers at the moment.

Edit. I guess you were talking to carat about the 19's

They are 20" Carlsson 1/10 UL. I am actually changing them for HRE P103's as I got the Carlssons before I did the wide body so I am running large spacers at the moment.

Edit. I guess you were talking to carat about the 19's

Correct. Your motor is bad ass and I love it. But isn't black hard work to keep clean. I guess black wheels though are quite good at hiding brake dust etc.

Actually that is one of the reasons I went with black. I have some black wheels on my E46M3 and even though if you touched them they were dirty you couldn't really see it. With the Brembos they give off a lot of dust and I was always having to wipe the silver wheels.

Last edited:
Really you don't think it's too dark on a black car?its an Aston Martin colour apparently.
No I think there great so do most people by the looks of it :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom