New Wheel Nuts for Aftermarket 20" Alloys on S350 W222

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GBanger77

Car
2014 S350L W222
Hey Guys,

Just purchased some 20" Aftermarket Replica OEM's for my 2014 S350. I tried to get them fitted today at the local car shop and they said that the OEM bolts from my 18" AMG's would screw onto the new 20" aftermarkets but the bolts slightly protude which is therefore unsafe and unusable. I asked them what length I needed etc and they would not help....nice!
I am really struggling to find the correct bolts - does anyone know what I need. This picture is of the box etc...
20_725ad9f807b7f53f70d078f68e43f78f3ef31102.jpg

From what I have read (And I am probably wrong) the standard bolts are the following: M14 x 1.5 27mm Thread 17mm Hex Radius.

My question therefore is - if this is what I assume I currently have fitted and these are too long for my new 20" ones, what do i need?

Really appreciate any advice or help.

All the best,
G

I would take out one of your 27mm long bolts and drop it into the new wheel.
Then measure how much is protruding out of the back of the wheel. Assume for example you have 30mm protruding out of the back of the wheel then you need bolts that are 30 -20 = 10mm shorter than the bolts you already have.(ie 17mm)

You need around 20mm to be safe.
One other thing to check, does the bolt hole in the new wheel lookexactly the same shape as your OE wheel?
OE wheels take a radius head bolt. Its possible you need a tapered head bolt in an aftermarket rim. They don't mix.
The bolts need to fit tightly against the face of the wheel.

Thanks so much! I will give that a go in the morning and see what I can find out. Looks like I am just up the road from you too.

I really hope I can figure it out.

Cheers,
G

I would take out one of your 27mm long bolts and drop it into the new wheel.
Then measure how much is protruding out of the back of the wheel. Assume for example you have 30mm protruding out of the back of the wheel then you need bolts that are 30 -20 = 10mm shorter than the bolts you already have.(ie 17mm)

You need around 20mm to be safe.
One other thing to check, does the bolt hole in the new wheel lookexactly the same shape as your OE wheel?
OE wheels take a radius head bolt. Its possible you need a tapered head bolt in an aftermarket rim. They don't mix.
The bolts need to fit tightly against the face of the wheel.

So - took it to ATS earlier and this is what the standard bolt looks like on the new wheel:
thumbnail

Sadly never got a chance to get the measurement.

Cheers,
G

I can't see your image, but I assume you got it sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom