New Wheels Dont Fit E430 W210

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim8280

Car
E430, 220CE Coupe, Range Rover P38 4.6
Hi Guys i had my new wheels delivered today they are 18 x 8 couldnt wait to get home and get them on but was so gutted to say the least that they hit on the front caliper the offset ET35 is this right? the company sent spacers and hub rings but it looks like i will need 30mm spacers instead of the 10mm ones that they sent i have been in contact with them and they say there shouldnt be any problem fitting as they have sold these for this model before with no problems
Im so gutted as they were a present to myself for christmas

Hope someone can advise me

Thanks Jim

Did you check if the setup on your car is staggered?

What's the tyre size of your front wheels and the size of your rear?

16 x 7.5" ET41 (before 2000)
17 x 7.5" ET41 (after 2000)

Sports model 17 x 8" ET37

SE model 17 x 8" ET35

They are 235 x 40 x 18 Tyres

The Wheels are 18 x 8 ET35 Not staggered wish they were

Its the big 4pot calipers that are stopping the wheel from bolting up

Yep they won't go on a 430 as calipers are bigger than the other W210 variants. Not sure I'd want 30mm spacers on there though

Last edited:
^ This is correct.
Fitted the same wheel and tyre combination to my W210 E280 some time back without problems. Its the caliper that is the difference.
Also, I wouldn't be happy about fitting a 30mm spacer.

Were they advertised as fitting an e430? 30mm spacers are asking for trouble....

Recently been looking for new alloys for mine and you have to be so careful, 80% of the sellers with adverts I viewed across many selling platforms, (regarding 'fitment' for my car) were selling 4x the same fitment/sized alloy and not staggered

Seems too easy to overlook those things, nearly caught me out

Looks like i was the unlucky bugger that got caught out any idea of what my front offset should be?

ET35 is the correct offset for the W210............ except for the 430 and 55 models with the bigger 4 pot calipers.

Your best bet would be to remove a front wheel and look inside on one of the spokes to see the ET which should be embossed along with the Part#if its a genuine MB wheel.

Bad luck with the ones you've got. I hope they will exchange or refund.

From memory something tells me the ET is 31 but don't quote me on that as my memory not that good lol.

As posted ET should be stamped on inside of wheel

Just done some more research the ET for the front wheels are ET31 hope to get them exchanged will ring them in the morning

Thanks guys

I can't understand the problem here - ET31 is 4mm different from the wheels you have got (ET35), so why the need for 30mm spacers - and more to the point why didn't 10mm spacers clear the brakes (?) :confused:

Something's not right there from what I can understand!

^ The wheels that have been supplied cannot be ET35 is a possibility?

You might find that even the correct et31 wont clear the caliper due to the wheel design. It's often the transition from the hub to back face of the wheel that cause's the problem.

If you think you need a 30mm spacer to correct a 4mm difference in offset, the wheel et isn't your problem.

Same reason I have to run cls alloys on a w124, purely to clear bigger calipers.

You could go to 19" wheels and 235 x 35 x 19 Tyres.

This will gove you more room for the Calipers.

The turn-in, and general handling will be better, but you may not like the crashy ride.

The sizes are correct, no need for 19s...it's the shape of the wheels. Even the 35 offset isn't the problem.

A pic of the wheels would be helpful.

Hi All just an update they are sending a courier to collect the wheels the are going to exchange them they admit they didnt check when i told them about it being the V8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom