• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New Wheels for the 164

All turned to ratsh!t...

Buggeration Factor No. 1: The seller's stock records were wrong; they didn't actually have the AMG IIIs, so I'll have to get my AMG VIs refurbished after all.

Buggeration Factor No. 2: Parcelforce, or their colleagues in Germany, have messed up the return of the first set of wheels. They were meant to be delivered to Berlin; according to the tracking, they're in Hamburg and awaiting pickup by the consignee... I'll get on to them tomorrow and get it sorted out, I hope.

On the other hand, I picked up a set of usable OE W164 8.5Js, with nearly new Conti Cross Contacts on, as a stopgap, quite cheaply off eBay, and the refurbisher I use, BJV Engineering, at Flaunden (middle of the back of beyond near Bovingdon Green in rural Hertfordshire) is very good and very reasonable - £275 for the set of AMG VIs, refitting the tyres and balancing included, I drop off and collect - so I'm still sorted, only not quite as much as I thought I was...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom