New Wheels - Inspiration Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Ok, so I'm considering some new wheels for my E320 (W211) just to freshen it up.

The thing is I don't want anything fussy or that needs the car to be an inch off the ground for them to look good. I'd been looking at some OEM style wheels as I don't want to spend fortunes either.

I'm sure there are plenty of people with aftermarket wheels on their W211 so please feel free to show me and let me know where you got them.

It's currently running on these 17" Rucha(?) alloys but wouldn't mind something more interesting and maybe 18".

Prep13_zpsdiwzljb9.jpg

I must admit they do look very tidy, certainly some food for thought.

I'd probably be looking at replica Mercedes style wheels. I just want something all silver not mirror finishes, black/silver etc.

I like those rims above Merc85, have seen some on eBay all in silver too.

Alex225 said:
I must admit they do look very tidy, certainly some food for thought. I'd probably be looking at replica Mercedes style wheels. I just want something all silver not mirror finishes, black/silver etc. I like those rims above Merc85, have seen some on eBay all in silver too.

I personally wouldn't go snide wheels, it's ok on a cheap car but not one like this. It makes it look tacky.

Try something original, I saw a fantastic looking w211 on w219 18" alloys. The offset just about works too.

Last edited:
Just purchased these for the Black CLS , Fox 19" staggered 8.5 / 9.5 , £540 new for the set.

20170223_113008_zpsqc14g7wt.jpg

20170308_104126_zpsmqol2mwz.jpg

Kenny

Last edited:
Just purchased these for the Black CLS , Fox 19" staggered 8.5 / 9.5 , £540 new for the set.

20170223_113008_zpsqc14g7wt.jpg

20170308_104126_zpsmqol2mwz.jpg

Kenny

They are extremely nice I must admit. I hadn't thought to go for a different brand other than OEM style wheels. £540 is a bargain too!

Only thing is I'm not sure I want to go for 19", the ride is really good on the 17s and I'm not sure if 19 would be pushing it as this is my daily dad wagon.

It has to be 19" CLS wheels on a 211 - the ET lets them fill the arches without spacers :thumb:.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/1642550-post48.html

I agree, they do look great and I could nab the ones off my CLS :banana:

The wheels you have on the car already look far better than any in the pictures so far.

Definately stay with silver wheels, or a version of silver, and dont go with black. IMO black wheels kill the style of the wheel and do nothing for the car.

18" would be the maximum I'd go on a W211 given the choice, especially on a daily driver that'll be encountering all manner of pot holes.

I personally wouldn't go snide wheels, it's ok on a cheap car but not one like this. It makes it look tacky.

Try something original, I saw a fantastic looking w211 on w219 18" alloys. The offset just about works too.

Sorry, only just saw this comment. :)

If this was my CLS, I'd be going for originals no question but this is my daily driver so I'm not wanting to spend fortunes.

There are loads of cheap wheels about but I plan on being fussy about getting it looking right. The car may not have cost me too much but it doesn't deserver to look naff.

Definately stay with silver wheels, or a version of silver, and dont go with black. IMO black wheels kill the style of the wheel and do nothing for the car.

I'll be sticking with silver that's for sure. Don't get me wrong on a sportier car an anthracite wheel can work.

On a hot hatch I don't mind black but like you say you lose the detail in the wheel but it just contrasts well with bright paint.

I'd like silver wheels that look like they may have been on the car from the factory.

18" would be the maximum I'd go on a W211 given the choice, especially on a daily driver that'll be encountering all manner of pot holes.

That's my thinking too. The 17" wheels currently on there are very forgiving and the ride is generally good so I'd only go an inch bigger purely for looks.

Last edited:
Original cls wheels are normally much cheaper but here are some 18" ones.

eBay item number: 252780893021

A nice concave on these too!

Original cls wheels are normally much cheaper but here are some 18" ones.

eBay item number: 252780893021

A nice concave on these too!

Aah ok, I was picturing the ones I have on my CLS which are the 19" AMG ones.

Those do look really nice on the W211 I must admit. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom