New Wheels on My 55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudu

MB Enthusiast
Car
05 C200K Sport Edition (Kleemann)
Just arrived home and decided to post few pics of new wheels. I think spoke wheels suit C55, and i finally got one of these - Theromotronic - many thanks to merc07 - just hope it works.

NW4.jpg

NW1.jpg

NW2.jpg

NW3.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice!

And the wheels look good too :D :D

Nice one Ossie, car looks the muts nuts :)

I don't like them - sorry - they look a bit too normal :eek:

They do look better in the daylight, especially the chrome polished lip. Just wanted something different. At the Weekend i might try my Kleemann TS-7's on the C55 should be picking them up from the bodyshop Friday, as i think the black gloss AMG III's might suit my C200K Sport 'stealth' better as that what i had them painted for. Great to have such a choice of wheels - summer and winter sets.

Post a day time pics as from that pic I prefer the original?

sorry...

Car needs lowering dude

We don't wanna see the arches!!!!!!!

Joking aside....Nice car and wheels, although personally a BBS 18" would suit the car more? Just my 2 cent!

looks great .. suits the dark exterior

I love what you do with your mods but on this occasion I'm not sure. Can we have a daylight side on shot on a level surface so that we get the proper effect. No offence intended just trying to give you honest feedback!

Wheels on the Thermotronic look great, not liking the others though......sorry!

Very nice......where did you get the centre caps from?

Just arrived home and decided to post few pics of new wheels. I think spoke wheels suit C55, and i finally got one of these - Theromotronic - many thanks to merc07 - just hope it works.

I got home before you ! did you get stuck in traffic :p

I was reading another thread on here about the REST function of the thermotronic. It is supposed to cool / heat the car after the ignition is off. This would mean there must be a permenant live to the unit. My car hasn't got the ability to use the REST function, I wander if that could have been the problem ?

Tudu, I preferred the last 2 sets of wheels you had on - which wheels are these? Are they a new AMG design?

I'd like them better if you sprayed them black with a polished lip?

Regardless, your car(s) are lovely!

Thanks for all your comments negative and positive. I just wanted to try something different as i have got used to black wheels but really they should be on the stealth, as i don't want to go down that same route with the C55. The original AMG VI's that were on the C55 are really badly damaged and you can only see up close, as such i don't know what to do with them as they would cost a fortune to refurbish - cheaper to buy a new set which is what i have done.

I also am getting used to having something different and seems strange driving around on non AMG rims. Anyway here are some daylight shots as requested.

NWD1.jpg

NWD2.jpg

NWD3.jpg

NWD5.jpg

Last edited:
Daytime pics really show it better - Looks great.

I got home before you ! did you get stuck in traffic :p

I was reading another thread on here about the REST function of the thermotronic. It is supposed to cool / heat the car after the ignition is off. This would mean there must be a permenant live to the unit. My car hasn't got the ability to use the REST function, I wander if that could have been the problem ?

No i went onto Bristol it had cleared before i returned luckily. Interesting re thermo unit. That's what i suspected there was a live, which obviously drained your battery. I will get Olly to check it out when i take the car down to him for service. Many thanks for that will keep you upto date.

Tudu, I preferred the last 2 sets of wheels you had on - which wheels are these? Are they a new AMG design?

I'd like them better if you sprayed them black with a polished lip?

Regardless, your car(s) are lovely!

I don't really want to go down the stealth route with this car want something different. Thanks for the comments but will not be painting these ones black.

The wheels are Mandrus - Millennium 18 x 8.5's.

There you go again copying my C43 :p

Ha Haa. Honestly didn't know you had same AMG centre caps. Mine were on the Black AMG III's sitting in a box ages before fitting. Glad you like them i'm not sure yet.

They do look better in the day pic but still not sure....

Also I bet they are harder to clean :)

I had some similar Breytons on a previous car, changed these pretty quick as wasn't keen...

IMAG2504.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom