New Wheels On... Opinions Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidbilyk

Car
S211 E320 CDi Sport
Howdy!

Just managed to source a set of 19" AMG CLS wheels, as you can see they are gloss black, I'm on the fence and debating wether or not to go standard finish, slightly grey or leave black!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Thanks

David

Attachments

• image-3320210532.jpg
    image-3320210532.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 147
  • image-3749878024.jpg
    image-3749878024.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 132
Questionaire to help ascertain the answer:
1. Are you under 20 years old?
2. Do you deal in drugs?
3. Is your other car a Corsa.

If you answered Yes to 2 or more questions then leave them black. If you answered No then go for original silver.

(All in the opinion of a middle aged grumpy person :) )

Not a fan of black wheels myself. Having said that I did have a gunmetal Renault 5 GT Turbo many years ago. It had black wheels for a short time before I returned them to silver...

Not usually a fan but I think they go really well with that colour on an AMG, preferably satin rather gloss, and the body colour stops them being gangster. What doesn't work for me is the clash of styles with the beige insides.

Thanks everyone! I purchased them black and was a little unsure, that's helped make the decision for me, I love the look of a standard AMG so I think I'll go with that :)

What about tinting the rear windows? B pillars back?

I don't like the blank ones... Silver will look ok but i think u can get away with grey ones on your car because of the body colour

I think silver on yours, as much as I like black with other body colours.....especially black on black :rock:

Hi David, I agree ref the black wheels, don't suit your body colour.

However.....remember the IWC CLS55, that is a close body colour to yours and the titanium finish of the alloys looks great. How about a lighter titanium? Or very light shadow chrome......

Jules

Hi Jules,

Yeah I was thinking of a titanium or maybe an anthracite grey colour, I'm going TWS today for a look at the finishes they offer so I'll post some pics up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom