New wheels/tyres , will bolts fit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chas

Car
Mercedes GLE 300D 4Matic AMG line
Hi folks I have just got new wheels/tyres from '06 - S350, brand new, for my S320 2001.

Will I need different wheel bolts(5), will they be long enough ?

The wheels on my S320 (16x7.5) are for tyres 225/R16, and the new wheels (17x8) tyres are 235/R17

thanks

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
They will be too long.. most 17x8 wheels from the 221 use M14x1.5x27R14, so your 45mm 220 bolts will be far too long, which could damage your handbrake mech at the back if you wind them through that far. They aren't threaded all the way and so the wheel won't be secured either.. We can sell you the correct bolts and locking bolts if you wish.

Chas

I know it was a while ago but did you get the bolts for your W221 wheels. Also if you've got any pics I'd love to see them - my wheels have just arrived and are in my garage waiting to be fitted!

Cheers
Rory

Hi Rory,

I still have them , photos below, best chrome plated MB bolts I have seen. About £70 for 20 from MB.

Nice shape for the Flagship model...:) http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=9874&page=3

Crazy to think you can get these 4 brand new alloys with 4 brand new tyres all ready to fit from e bay for under £500! :crazy:

I guess people want the latest AMG alloys on their new S Class W221

PS , might be worth asking the person you got them from if they still have the bolts ! ( I did :bannana: )

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Cheers Chas. Got the set with plenty of life in the tyres for £177 delivered from eBay - still flabbergasted! 3 alloys perfect - one has a tiny chip so overall I'm very happy. Moving house this weekend so I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before putting them on.

Good luck with the move..

Sounds like you got a bargain like me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom