New windscreen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

U70945Z

Car
Mercedes A class
Hi I’ve just been fitted a new windscreen I was expecting to see a Mercedes signature but this says G. Damily or something. Could someone please explain.

Hi I’ve just been fitted a new windscreen I was expecting to see a Mercedes signature but this says G. Damily or something. Could someone please explain.
@U70945Z Gottlieb Daimler - He's the co-founder of Daimler. No need to panic. Daimler is the company that owns the Mercedes Benz brand.

It’s either a Gottlieb Daimler or Karl Benz signature on the windscreen when you get a genuine Mercedes-Benz windscreen.
if it’s without either signature it’s not an original Mercedes screen that may or may not be as good as the signed ones. I insist on the signed screens when I need a replacement as I don’t want the problems of aerials, heaters or sensors not working properly if I ended up with a cheep copy screen.

Mercédès Jellinek was the daughter of engineer Emil Jellinek who worked for Daimler-Benz in 1900, but you won't find her or his signatures on any windscreens.

BTW, not all genuine MB windscreens have the signature - some do and some don't (but they will all have the logo and part number etched into the glass).

I noticed on my windscreen I couldn't see any MB logo anywhere either.. the mileage is low and I'd be surprised if the WS has been changed but it's possible.

It only says Pilkington on it.. should it have the logo?

I noticed on my windscreen I couldn't see any MB logo anywhere either.. the mileage is low and I'd be surprised if the WS has been changed but it's possible.

It only says Pilkington on it.. should it have the logo?
If original or replaced by Mercedes then yes. Yours must have been replaced via a windscreen company at some point

I have a very small chip in the glass and its not in drivers view but I have heard that a repair can still be seen !! i dont want to replace the screen as I wont get a genuine signed screen from say autoglass and others !!

Well chip repairs can be invisible ,but in winter with everything so damp,you might just see it,best if you can to get it done in the summer then it should be invisible.

Unless you can get to on of their service centres? Inside in the warm it should b ok..

Have had 2 replacements done just having to pay £90 excess. Both done by auto glass and both came with the signature at bottom of screen. Did have to tell them when ordering that I wanted original and they said they will have to get permission from insurance company.

Auto glass have said that my replacement will be a MB one, when one becomes available.
None here nor in Germany so watching the crack slowly, day by day inch across the screen..

None here nor in Germany so watching the crack slowly, day by day inch across the screen..
Same here, I had to wait more than 4 weeks for my genuine Lexus screen to arrive in the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom