New windsreen fitting today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevecuk

I got a stone chip over the weekend just next to the drivers door piller, now I have a split in the screen about 6 inches long.

Autoglass are coming out later today to fit a new one, any tips on how I can tell its a Mercedes original screen and not some inferior third party product.

Thanks
Steve

stevecuk said:
I got a stone chip over the weekend just next to the drivers door piller, now I have a split in the screen about 6 inches long.

Autoglass are coming out later today to fit a new one, any tips on how I can tell its a Mercedes original screen and not some inferior third party product.

Thanks
Steve

I've had 2 screens so far this year - they both had the 3-pointed star on them on the lower near-side.

I imagine that MB asks the manufacturer to print the logo on there for them ;)

Nickmann,

Thanks for the tip, I'll certainly take a look before they actually remove my screen.

Regards

I had a break in on the passenger door, the replacement glass was OEM with all the logos etc. I'm pretty sure it was Autoglass who refitted it.

According to their website "We only use glass from car manufacturers' suppliers."

I did some research on Autoglass before they came out to repair a stone chip in my windscreen recently (under my insurance so it cost nothing). I may have to get them back out to replace the screen if it fails the MOT though, so it's good to know it'll be MB glass.

i8000 said:
According to their website "We only use glass from car manufacturers' suppliers."

I did some research on Autoglass before they came out to repair a stone chip in my windscreen recently (under my insurance so it cost nothing). I may have to get them back out to replace the screen if it fails the MOT though, so it's good to know it'll be MB glass.

That's a bit of an iffy statement ...... doesn't say which manufacturer .... could be Ford !!

:)D)

S.

sym said:
That's a bit of an iffy statement ...... doesn't say which manufacturer .... could be Ford !!

:)D)
lol they have to hammer the pillars to fit and then use a LOT of sealant :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom