New York Hotels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

I am visiting New York in a couple of weks ande am looking for a nice hotel on Time Square can anyone recommend one?

The night before we leave I would like to stay some where in Manhatten can anyone recommend one there?

Many thanks

Tan

A couple of blocks from Times Square and in a good location is the Manfield Hotel

http://www.mansfieldhotel.com/

We stayed here and enjoyed it , would stay again , its only a small hotel with limited facilities ie no resturant but everything is close enough for that not to be a problem

am visiting in the summer. please let me know how you got on. e.g flights, forms to fill e.tc. first time for me. and the hotel you used.
Thanks

The Edison hotel is about 200yards from Times Square. Its kind of 1930's art deco inside!

It is cheap and you do get what you pay for!

http://www.edisonhotelnyc.com/index.asp

It is okay, but it maybe beaten by others. I have only ever stopped in that one tho. I used at as a bed. Too much to see and do in New York to spend anymore time than I needed in the bedroom! I went in December so as I could go ice skating in the rockefella plaza about 2 blocks up.

There is a web cam near TGI Fridays on times square. You will see loads of people doing this

loony.jpg

Times Square is in Manhattan!!

If you stay close to T.S. it is very busy and noisy - clearly if you're after the 'atmosphere' then it's right for you!

If you want a second night elsewhere, try the Waldorf Astoria (also Art Deco) on 5th Avenue. There lots close by to see and it's only one block from the main shops etc.

A bit pricey and little tired in places, but good service and classy.

IIRC the New York Marriott is on Times Square.
Don't expect it to be cheap though - but the place is fantastic.

I have been in a few NY hotels ranging from a week stay in a Suite in the Waldorf=Astoria all the way down to the cheap n cheerfull.

Best advice is to decide what you really want from the hotel because you can bet there will be a hotel to suit. Waldorf / Hilton / etc are great if you want to a memorable "hotel experience". They are very plush, very posh and you will be very pampered, but you will pay through the nose for the pleasure. To be honest, NY and Manhattan in particular is such a weird/fabulous/nutty/exciting/non-stop place to visit that, unless you are rolling in money or someone else is paying, you would be better paying for a cheap hotel to sleep in and spend the rest out of the hotel. Even tho Times Sq is the hub of Manhattan there are cheap hotels right there too. eg. http://hotelcarter.com/ ... not the greatest hotel but rooms are clean and have a bath & TV.

Jim

Or if you want cheap & cheerful there is always a HoJo's
Again, you will need to check but IIRC there used to be one on 33rd or 34th.

Hotel Pennsylvania, 401 7th Ave, Manhattan

Hands down... it has got character, it's old and it has recently been renovated at great cost!

Oh, and they're trying to demolish it...

The Penn Hotel... hmmm full of rats and cockroaches!!!! beware...

Alternativly you could stay here;

http://www.casablancahotel.com/

It's one of the highest rated hotels in NYC, I have stayed and it was better that the more expensive Hilton, Carlton and others that I've been to over the last 10 years.

Good luck.

Simon

my wife has just come back stayed at the hilton times square

4 nights her first time and she loved it

she says the hilton is in agreat spot for everthing

already looking to got again next year better start saving up for her

Hotel Pennsylvania, 401 7th Ave, Manhattan

Hands down... it has got character, it's old and it has recently been renovated at great cost!

Oh, and they're trying to demolish it...

One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. Maybe its improved if its been renovated recently.

The Marriott Marquis Times Square is nice and has a great revolving restaurant/bar on the top floor. Worth a visit even if you don't stay there and you don't have to eat.

Hi

The New Yorker close(walking distance) to Macy's and Empire State maybe even Grand Central Station can't fully remember. Corner of 8th Avenue and 34th Street. http://www.newyorkerhotel.com/index.html

I stayed ther 10 years ago last week for my late fathers trip to see Saint Patricks Day in NY. Thoroughly recommend it.

I was in Manhatten only 3 weeks ago.

Stayed at Hotel Pennsylvania.

Its not a flash hotel - but then the price reflects this. However, i found it to be clean and friendly with maid service every day.

The biggest plus (and the reason why i chose it) is its location - opposite Madison Square Gardens its probably the best location on the whole island.

1 block up is Macy's
Round the corner from Empire State Bldg
Couple of blocks from Times Square - bars and restaurants here
Very easy access to subway - best way to get around $7 all day access

Hotel is basic and old fashioned - but you only sleep there eh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom