Newb with a CLK 430

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abdul

Car
C63
Hi guys, so I've been driving for 4 years now with my clk being my 7th car lol. All the previous cars have been VW's and I do love em! I had 3 different corrado's, a couple golfs, an A3 and a polo most of which were modified to some extent (mostly lowered on snazzy dished wheels).

I've been lusting after a CLK55 amg (w208) for a couple years now but despite 4 years ncb and being 22 now insurance wasn't having any of it after the recent price hikes (2k+) so I settled for the next best thing, a 430 with the amg kit!

It's tidy enough imo but does need paint on the offside rear quarter and a few other small bits blown in sooner or later. No where near as bad as most w208's that I saw though, I was going to give the car a full paint correction detail but tbh can't be bothered baring in mind it's going to get paint soon enough. Interior is mint, wheels are absolute sh*te. :doh:

A couple of crappy phone pics...

18092011767.jpg

The interior is a bit marmite I know but is tbh the only thing remotely youthful about the car so perhaps a good thing at my age (my peers seem to think so lol).

SAM_0276.jpg

It's not got many options other then the amg kit, the funky interior, bose stereo, auto dimming mirror and I really can't remember the rest right now..

The car has since been treated to led's puddle light, number plate and side light replacements (supplied by Karl), 6000k anti glare hid's (which btw cut off *nearly* as well as my friends clk which has the oem xenon's) and an upgraded sound system which I don't think will interest anyone on here lol. Oh and the secondary cats have been removed so the car sounds pretty beastly now! Oh and I committed the sin to end all sins, I replaced my merc badge up front with a flat amg badge, the only reason I went for the amg flat badge over a merc one is because it's polished silver and looks nice lol. You can't tell that it says amg on it unless you get really close and stare!

Plans for the car are as follows, amg backbox, amg airbox, remap of some sort, eibach springs, paint sorted with arches rolled flat, some wide as funk rims or just 18" staggered amg's if i'm feeling modest. We'll see.

This is what I aspire to minus the grill and a bit less poke on the rear wheels, I know a lot of people won't like it but hey ho each to their own!

w208_mec1_18a_5.jpg

Better pics tomorrow if I can find my camera lead!

BTW, ill copy and paste the lot in the members ride section but I figured I'd post here first to say hello! Oh and sorry for the long winded post.

Thanks for reading,
Abdul

Last edited:
Hi Abdul and welcome to the forum

Hello and welcome.....no argument here about the wheels.

Mic

Hello Abdul
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:
Nice Pictures:thumb:

Thanks chaps...

Misread the post.

Last edited:
Thanks again gents, the interior is one of my fave bits.

Mobb, have another read of my first post lol. I want my clk to look like that one minus the grill!!! :)

Oh right! Sorry about that.

Your car looks like a good example :)

You have good aspirations for your car!

Thanks Mobb, your plans sound amazing, If only they did that combo from the factory.

Tbh, I really don't like silver cars and literally bought this just because of the interior and amg kit. I wanted a black or dark blue 430 with black leather but finding one was taking too long lol.

Love those seats.
Mind if I ask how much better the insurance was for this one.
(Cant believe only 22 and wanting a CLK55) Nice car mind. :)

Love those seats.
Mind if I ask how much better the insurance was for this one.
(Cant believe only 22 and wanting a CLK55) Nice car mind. :)

Hey fella insurance was £1500 TPFT on a modified car policy, I can do ANYTHING I want with the car mods wise as long as I don't exceed 300hp.

The insurance on the amg was £2200.

You have to bare in mind that while my area is reasonably nice it also has lots of high end motors getting nicked thus putting it in one of the worst rated areas for car crime!

I got a quote at my mates address in Surrey out of interest and it was £700 lol.:wallbash:

The seats are lovely, I just wish they were heated and orphopaedic!

My join date for this forum pretty much gives away how long I've been dying for an AMG!

Last edited:
VW's are horrible cars, don't know why you had so many! :rolleyes:

How are things? finally moved into a Merc then :)

VW's are horrible cars, don't know why you had so many! :rolleyes:

How are things? finally moved into a Merc then :)

All good bro, yourself?

To be fair this cars going to remain pretty tame as im going to be buying corrado no4 after my wedding. This one will i hope be a keeper, i have no excuses this time. Been collecting some tidy parts for a while now too!

What you driving now? Rado and sec sold right?

All good,

Yup both sold. Driving a crappy 1.4 Seat Ibiza around at the moment:rolleyes:

Looking for a W108/W114 Mercedes...

but it may have to wait as I've come across something that might be ridiculously fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom