newb: woohoo just bought a w204 c200k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amowolves

Hi guys,

ive just joined. just Purchased a 2007 c200k se in black, with a 6 speed manual!!! ;-) only done 21000 miles...looks and drives great. pick it up next tues! woohooo cant wait.

im already looking at replacing the standard 16" rims for these:

GetAttachment.aspx

they are 18" 8j et44

can some one tell me if these will fit ok. I am looking at fitting 225 40 tyres on the front and 255 35 on the rear but i am not sure if the 8j rears will take 255 tyres? if so will i clear the fender with et44?

all help welcome....thanks in advance
clear.gif

thanks guys.

Thanks Nigel i saw that link. from the info i have gathered et44 should be fine...just wanted to know if there was anyone on here who has a w204 and fitted aftermarket wheels with similar offsets and tyres?

Welcome.

My little tyre chart says for 255/35/18 tyres a 9 inch rim is recommended, with 8.5 as minimum and 10 as maximum. 225/40/18 is for 8 inch (7.5 - 9).

Stock 18s are 225/40 on a 7.5 front 47 offset, 245/35 on a 8.5 rear 58 offset or 255 35 on an 8.5 rear 54 offset (needs rolling for those).

Last edited:
Welcome. Manual? Oh the shame of it. Welcome anyway, roll on next Tuesday. Always swore I'd never have an auto "old man's slush box" Guess what - Would not thank you for a manual now. Then again demographic change is upon me.

well upon driving it to be honest i dont know what all the fuss is about, the 6 manual gearbox was fine....in fact i quite enjoyed the test drive. cant wait to pick the car 2moro.

Thanks for the info Timskemp....so from what your saying the fronts should be fine but the rears (255/35's on an 8.5j et44) will require the arches to be rolled?

Well the wheels suppliers are out of stock of the wheels at the mo. But i will be getting them to fit them, so i wont be driving away with them if they rub. They are confident that they will fit....so we shall see.

Will keep you all posted. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom