Newbe and damp roads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gray C63 AMG

Car
Mercedes C63
As a newbe just reading people struggling with lots of power and damp or wet conditions,I've recently just swooped my CLS250 shooting brake and got a C63,loving it at the moment,but like a few have said these cars are tricky in these conditions,you have to alter the way you drive or that's what I fined anyhow,thinking of winter tyres but not sure witch to go for? But I am loving the car and performance :)

Big and quite recent discussion about it HERE.

Basically, get decent tyres, take your time and remember the accelerator is more than an on/off switch. :D

Judging by the reactions of people passing by waving their hands, the best bit of driving I do in a powerful RWD car is when I turn right at a junction and give it the beans, they all shout "go on Mick!" (although I don't understand why they call me Mick, maybe it rhymes with something)

Cheap budget tyres? When I got my CLK it had a budget rear tyre (probably to get through MOT) the traction control light was always flashing. Now fitted with 4 Goodyear tyres and smaller, from 17 to 16 inch, wheels it rarely flashes.

Judging by the reactions of people passing by waving their hands, the best bit of driving I do in a powerful RWD car is when I turn right at a junction and give it the beans, they all shout "go on Mick!" (although I don't understand why they call me Mick, maybe it rhymes with something)
Funny you mention that.

Tonight I was accelerating fairly briskly and noted a white A-Class (subsequently identified as an A45) "keeping up". At the next roundabout I put the E-Class a bit sideways on the exit and the following A45 seemed to lose interest after that. Can't imagine why ;)

Try it on a deserted road with the traction off.

well decided to get some new tyres,so ill see what there like after fitting,hopefully they will be a lot better.

Well it is a learning curve,I suppose the main problem is putting the power down to early after exiting a roundabout or turning onto a road,you do not even have to drive a very powerful car, duel carriageway which is wet and a young blonde in a Mazda sports car sailed past me towards the roundabout on leaving it she hit the power and the car went 360 twice crossed the large grass covered central reservation ,it seemed to go on for ever,in fact cars on the other carriageway which had just moved off from traffic lights had time to stop as the Mazda ended up on their side of the road,of course good tyres are important,but in wet slippery conditions a light right foot is needed.

Surely the ASR kicks in these days?
Time was when a powerful rear wheel drive car was a lesson itself in opposite lock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom