Newbie - 638 110CDI to 112CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jay762

Car
Vito 638 110cdi
Hi,

I have done a quick search of forum but couldnt find any answers to the following question so apologies if this has been answered already elsewhere...

Have got a vito 638 110CDI and understand they have the same engine as the 112CDI but dont generate the same power.

After some digging I have found they may have different glow plugs, they probably have a different CDI and they both have the potential to release more than their standard power by adding a chip

Does anyone have a complete list of what would be required to take a 110cdi to a 112cdi engine spec?

Cheers
Jay

NB given the power hike I am also investigating brake upgrades as, already posted on this forum, it is generally agreed the standard 110 brakes are not great

Hello Jay, I don't know much about the differences but they do seem to share similar engine numbers OM611 A / LA . I do know that the glowplugs have no bearing on the power output. I have the 108 equivalent 2.2 CDi and i find no problem with the brakes despite the weight of 2 ton car. I recently bought new rear brake pads and the guy commented that the pads were very small for a minibus and they do look small but i find the car stops just fine in all conditions.
I would be interested in your findings so please post if you find out anything else

have owned a couple of 112's /ecu a bit different and turbo is a bit juicier. a remap will probably get you close to a 112's power .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom