Newbie - Advice needed - anybody know this car - RK07WWV ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

easty027

Car
Mercedes CLS
Hello

Let me introduce myself first. I am a newbie on here and to the Mercedes brand as I have never owned one. I have had various BMW’s, Audi’s & VW’s but never a Mercedes. A change in circumstances has made me want to get a CLS 320CDI. I have loved the look of them since day one and having looked at various 5 series for my new motorway commute every day (100 miles a day – 4 days per week) I feel I need something a bit more ‘special’.

I have looked at 4 cars so far, all 320 CDI’s with various options and I think I’m smitten. The one I have seen is from a trader about 50 miles away and I went to see the car the other day, it seems well spec’d:-

RK07 WWV
2007 / 07 plate
74k miles
1 previous owner (+ trader)
Full MBSH (main dealer)
Obsidian Black
19” Carllson multi-spoke alloys with new tyres
black leather
sat nav / dvd etc
electric heated seats
electric headrests etc
parktronic
ipod connection
6 cd changer
sunroof
MOT Till May 2013
There are probably other things which I have missed!

It has the odd stone chip and a little bit of lacquer peeling on the bonnet (which looks as if it’s from a stone chip) but other than that the interior is immaculate and never been smoked in, the rear seats look as if they have never been sat in.

I am planning to re-visit tonight and collect it, just wondered what things might be worth a final check ? I have read the usual stories on here and forums can always give bad press as people only tell the negatives, I have owned a 2 x TT coupe’s and both weren’t great in terms of reliability so im used to a few niggles.

I haven’t left a deposit but the seller is happy as I have set up insurance etc and he considers it sold (to me). However if it’s not right than I will simply walk away.

Any advice – or am I feeling unsure for nothing?

I think we all worry on handing over a lot of dosh for a car. You want a great experience and don't want hassle a few days later!!!!

Reading the negatives means you cross them off possible problems.

Go back and go over the car again. Even ask for either stone chips being sorted or some money knocked off.

Then if it feels right. ENJOY!!!!!

Ohhhh. As your "living" in it. It has to be fun and not a pain. Even more reason to get it spot on!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom