Newbie - and reversing question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GDG

Car
C63S Cabriolet
Just taken on the keys to my new C63S (W205) estate. Loving it. Question though. I have a gravel drive and the wheels spin badly when trying to back off it. I've had plenty of powerful rear drive cars before (911's, XKR) but never had this issue (and before you say it - am attempting to move without stamping on the gas!).

Any tips? Whilst it's been cold and damp recently the fact that none of the previous cars had this problem surprises me. I'd rather not shell out on a new drive surface!!

Small gripe - but any ideas welcome.

Car is otherwise gobsmackingly good.

Select Comfort mode? On earlier models this had a lower reverse ratio

Mine is a Sept '15 model. Have tried both comfort and sport. Anyone else have issues on shingle? Like I say - am familiar with both high power and torque on tap and yet have never struggled to move off this surface at low speed. At the moment the wheels simply spin. I get away eventually but it's pretty ugly.

My CLS55k has no problem on my gravel driveway

I remember experiencing something similar when my C63S was fresh out of the box. I span the rears up quite easily in reverse a few times.... Now I don't do it, I put it down to reverse being a little tight. This was the first month or so, now it doesn't happen.

Steve

Could be more down to the tyres than anything else.

Did your previous cars have LSDs and your current car not?

Floor it and do a J turn out. Within a week there will be no gravel on your path out

LOL - very good. No doubt the wife would appreciate that one! Sadly the options for driving on or reversing on are limited. Its a drive through garage with one other car parked to the left. All very tight indeed.

Attachments

• C631.jpg
    C631.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 20
  • c632.jpg
    c632.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom