Newbie audio question W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ian66

Car
Mercedes E350
Hi all

New to the forum but finding loads of useful info so thank you for that.

I've been looking for a late W211 6 cylinder for some time. I've seen one today which ticks all of the boxes - 2009, low miles, full MB service history.

It doesn't have sat nav which I'm not too worried about as I'd rather have a Garmin type thing anyway. It also doesn't have Bluetooth.

So my questions are - to get Bluetooth is it just a case of buying an adapter to plug into the phone cradle in the centre armrest?

Also - when I remove the panel from the left side of the boot I see the picture below. Is this pre-wire for a CD Changer or does this look like it actually had a CD changer but it's now been removed?

Thanks.

Ian

image.jpg

Does not have BT? From build date 6/2008 onwards all W211 have integrated BT handsfree from the head unit.

Looks like the slot at the boot is for the NTG1 navi processor. But then the car must have been built before 6/2008. Be careful.

Thanks DB.

It's an April 09 reg so I'd be surprised if it was built that early but not impossible I guess.

Could you tell me how you would pair a phone? When the ignition is switched on there is a message 'waiting for phone' or something similar.

Thanks

Ian

I've been speaking to Mark at Comand Online Ltd. Really helpful guy and after giving him the VIN he was able to confirm what Diesel Benz said. The car was built very early in 2008 even though it wasn't registered till 2009. Gives me a bit more haggle power if I decide to go for that particular car.

Thanks

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom