Newbie-be gentle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martin 1

Car
'05 CLK 200 auto Convertible. silver with blue hood.
Hiya folks, not an owner yet but looking for a CLK w209 convertable. I'm hoping for some guidance. Any thoughts please ? Martin.

There was an article in Mercedes Enthusiast magazine (or whatever it's called) a couple of months ago. - I can try to dig it out.

Which A209 are you looking at; oil burner, or petrol? What options are you looking for?

I love distronic, so would recommend that if you've got the choice.

Check all the obvious things; does the roof go up and down consistently over a few runs? Do all the options work, that kind of thing.

Do a search for CLK cabriolet or convertible on the forum . First consideration would choice of engine. These cars were marketed during the M272 V6 and M273 V8 petrol engine era so any cars with those engines require close scrutiny. Powertrains are otherwise reliable if looked after. Many will be second cars with few owners and lowish miles for their age altho they are now getting on a bit so don't expect many 1owner 30k miles examples! The one thing I always emphasise is hood condition and operation- condition must be good andit should work flawlessly- anything else walk away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom