newbie ..First Merc Bought

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AllenWhite78

Hello all, just signed up as just bought my first mercedes today.

Got a 55 plate c 220cdi aventgarde se in nice shiny black.

Hope i got a good deal, its in good nick, has 42k on it and picked it up for £11.500. It has an "alu pack " on it aswell?

Anything i should look for its got a full deal history etc and seems very tight still.

cant wait to pick it up!:D:D:D

what are the spec levels, am i right in thinking its SE hen Classic then sport? also what level is the aventgarde?

Thanks

Al

Sounds nice!

Welcome to the world of Mercedes-Benz. I assure you, this C220 won't be your only Mercedes.

Welcome to the forum, and to MB ownership.

Welcome to the forum :)

Spec levels.. Classic, Elegance, Avantgarde. SE can be added to any level. Usually means some options added as standard

Alu-pack? Not heard that before Alu-linear is a style of trim. Aluminium in place of wood. Usually offered on the Sport pack models. Do you have 17" alloys? Could be you have a Sport Pack model. Lowered stiffer suspension, wider rear 17" alloys.

Welcome friend.

Well done.. Price is right for a car of that mileage.

Alu Pack is the aluminium interior trim. some prefer it over the wood.

Welcome to the forum :)

Spec levels.. Classic, Elegance, Avantgarde. SE can be added to any level. Usually means some options added as standard

Alu-pack? Not heard that before Alu-linear is a style of trim. Aluminium in place of wood. Usually offered on the Sport pack models. Do you have 17" alloys? Could be you have a Sport Pack model. Lowered stiffer suspension, wider rear 17" alloys.

Thanks, yes its aluminium dash etc its got the 17 inch 5 Spoke wheels aswell..this is getting better!

Being a 55 plate and post 2004 means you have the updated facelift dash as well together with a fully galvanised body. Facelift cars don't suffer from the dreaded tinworm nearly as much as earlier pre-facelift W203's. The only place that W203's seem to visibly rust is sometimes on the gloss black trim between the front and rear windows.
The Classic and Elegance models came with wood trim as standard.
The Avantgarde has stippled aluminium trim in place of wood.
The SE designation indicates that your car was specified to include metallic paint and an automatic gearbox amongst a few other things.
The Sports pack (that yours has) includes 17" diameter alloys (16" are standard). Lower profile tyres, larger discs with the front ones being drilled. No forgetting the slightly lower, tighter suspension.
Your car may also have rain sensing wipers, COMAND satnav, full leather seats, parktronic front and rear, Xenon headlamps plus a whole host of other goodies that the original owner might have specified and paid extra for.

Last edited:
Being a 55 plate and post 2004 means you have the updated facelift dash as well together with a fully galvanised body. Facelift cars don't suffer from the dreaded tinworm nearly as much as earlier pre-facelift W203's. The only place that W203's seem to visibly rust is sometimes on the gloss black trim between the front and rear windows.
The Classic and Elegance models came with wood trim as standard.
The Avantgarde has stippled aluminium trim in place of wood.
The SE designation indicates that your car was specified to include metallic paint and an automatic gearbox amongst a few other things.
The Sports pack (that yours has) includes 17" diameter alloys (16" are standard). Lower profile tyres, larger discs with the front ones being drilled. No forgetting the slightly lower, tighter suspension.
Your car may also have rain sensing wipers, COMAND satnav, full leather seats, parktronic front and rear, Xenon headlamps plus a whole host of other goodies that the original owner might have specified and paid extra for.

It has got bubbles on the driver side door in that exact place, i asked about that and as its got a Full MB service history i can get it looked at AFTER 6 months of ownership...it didtnt look serious at all though.

I presume this is Comand
content.php
insidemc.jpg

..excited now..few days to go.

Last edited:
That looks like a non-COMAND head unit to me. Was it advertised as having COMAND?

The photo also answers one other point - you haven't got front parktronic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom