Newbie from Cheshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macp

Car
Currently looking
Dear all

Just joined and thought I would introduce myself.Been a petrolhead longer than I can remember and have owned mostly German cars starting with a Mk2 Golf GTi which I adored and spent 10k on it much the wifes dismay.

Im currently on my hols and have a hire car which is a 2009 E320 CDi Avantgarde and I am blown away by it to be honest.The performance,refinement and the way it drives for such a big car it handles lovely.Im also impressed with the economy.

I have never owned a Merc and I am now looking for a replacement for my Volvo T5.I wont be able to afford a car like my hire car but Im hopeful I will find something nice in the Mercedes stable.

By the way Im thinking I will have to go for an estate as we have two small woofy dogs.Im guessing the E class would offer masses more space than the C class ?

Look forward to chatting with you all.

Last edited:
Welcome!

That 320CDi engine appears in quite a few of the MB cars, so hopefully you should be able to find car within your budget. Happy hunting.

Hi there mate and welcome to the forum.

Welcome on board macp. :)

E Class estates with the 320CDI engine are superb.

Read as much as you can on this forum before you buy and you'll get the right model for you and save a lot of time, hassle and money.

Welcome to the forums!!

E class is the way forward if you want an estate. Any of them from early 80s to 2009 will provide happy motoring!

Welcome -just out of interest - how much did you pay to have a hire car like that. I always find that even when you pay alot - you end up with a 520d, e220 cdi. ENjoy the merc.

Welcome -just out of interest - how much did you pay to have a hire car like that. I always find that even when you pay alot - you end up with a 520d, e220 cdi. ENjoy the merc.

Hi there
Just got back from a lovely run out in the Merc.I paid 38 quid per day through Enterprise Car Hire.They tend to look after us because the company I work for also use them.I screwed them down a little too as my own car is off the road for repairs.

Yes, where are you on hols??

Im in Carbis Bay nr St Ives in Cornwall.Currently the wife and kids have gone down to the beach leaving me to read and browse the internet.

This is the view from the sofa in our apartment.

dww18n.jpg

Lovely view, and better weather than when we were there in July!

Lovely view, and better weather than when we were there in July!

Sorry to read that.We have always been pretty lucky in Cornwall and have been coming for some years. Mind you it wasnt so great Sat & Sun but yesterday and today have been glorious.Quite a few speedboats skipping about in the bay right now and a Grey (assume RAF) sea king just passed overhead with a curious looking dome shaped object hanging off the side.

The weather`s lovely today.No idea why the camera thinks today is the 24th ?

sfyp0n.jpg

And the helicopter,you can just about see the dome thing.Im guessing its either radar or a camera ?

2s0ldow.jpg

Last edited:
I can see where you are on Google Earth. I was trying to put a picture on here but it doesn't work. In the square apartment block just above the nice house with conservatory?

hi macp. I also am a newbie to this site and have been well impressed by the levels of help and civility between the members. I have just recently aquired my first (and definately not my last Merc) which is a 1999 SLK230k. This was bought for my good lady whom did not want it initially but now loves it (probably more than me). I can see my slush fund now being devoured by this new found pastime. enjoy your next car especially if it is a MB.:)
cheers.

I can see where you are on Google Earth. I was trying to put a picture on here but it doesn't work. In the square apartment block just above the nice house with conservatory?

Spooky
Big brother is watching you :D

Spooky
Big brother is watching you
biggrin.gif
Yes... and we have you on film, taken from the side-mount camera in that helicopter (btw, stop scratching your a**e).

Welcome... another from the Northwest. :rock:

Yes... and we have you on film, taken from the side-mount camera in that helicopter (btw, stop scratching your a**e).

Welcome... another from the Northwest. :rock:

LOL thanks man

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome.
What a shame its p*ssing down today so gotta get the merc out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom