Newbie from Greenock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndySL

Car
R230 SL500
Hi all !
I'm Andy from Greenock and I drive a R230 SL 500 which I bought in February this year.

Used to drive a 07 plate Red Nismo kitted 350Z which I P/ex for the Merc.

Loved the 350Z but wanted a change and after some deliberation decided on a Silver SL 500 with AMG bodykit.

Now I've had a chance to get the roof down the Merc is proving to be just as enjoyable to drive as the Zed and handles really well for a big heavy car, it's no slouch either and just eats up the motorway miles with ease.
Absolutely no signs of scuttle shake either which is unusual with a convertible.

Only thing I've changed is to fit a module which allows the roof to open and close using the standard remote control from outside the car and operate whilst the car is moving up to 25mph. Also allows one touch operation so you don't have to hold the roof operating switch. worthwhile mod IMO.

Hope to meet up with some of the Scottish crew during GTG's

Cheers

Andy Ross

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum

Hi Andy welcome to the forum :thumb:

Hello Andy
Welcome to the forum :thumb:
I'm sure *** will soon be in contact about the Scottish driving tour only wish I could attend Myself

Hello Andy
Welcome to the forum :thumb:
I'm sure *** will soon be in contact about the Scottish driving tour only wish I could attend Myself

Unfortunately I'm away when the driving tour is taking place but should be able to attend the mini meet at the Riverside Museum in November

Hello Andy and welcome from a fellow "newbie"
smile.gif

Hello and welcome........I like the idea of the one touch modification but I would not be comfortable with the stresses and strains being imparted to the roof mechanisms at speeds of up to 25mph. Stationary is what MB designed into the system and whilst mildly inconvenient on occasion I am minded to stick with stationary......not TOO inconvenient.

Mic

One Touch

Hello and welcome........I like the idea of the one touch modification but I would not be comfortable with the stresses and strains being imparted to the roof mechanisms at speeds of up to 25mph. Stationary is what MB designed into the system and whilst mildly inconvenient on occasion I am minded to stick with stationary......not TOO inconvenient.

Mic

Mic agree with your comments on possible strain on roof mechanism, however the speed limits can be programmed on the module from 0-30mph by simply setting the parameters within the module which is a simple operation.
Personally I only use it if creeping along in traffic and the rain starts to come on, whereas before if you you would have to be stopped before it would operate.

Hi Andy
Will keep eye out for your car as I work in Erskine
Maybe see you at Riverside in November
:) Cheers Donny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom