Newbie from Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OldTimer66

Car
C200 Sport Estate S205
Hello

Already posted a question in the Electronics Forum about the Garmin Map Pilot, but thought I had better introduce myself here.

Just ordered a new C200 Sport Auto Estate with Airmatic and medtalic paint. Due for delivery in early Februray.

Am a long term Skoda owner (sorry!). Currently running a 1.4TSI Octavia DSG Estate (my wife has a Fabia) - the TSI is an excellent value for money vehicle. Sorry to see it go but felt I needed a change after 2 years. The car will remain in the family when the C200 arrives as I've sold it on to my son at "family rates". One of the problems with these cars is their terrible depreciation and I was not going to let a dealer take advantage.

I hope the C200 turns out OK as I was unable to test drive exactly the model I was after. I started the buying process about a month ago, and at that time visited 5 dealers in and around Kent and Sussex and not ONE had a C Class Estate of any description in their show rooms. Demonstrators were also few and and far between and were usually top specification AMG models. My nearest dealer had only one C Class (a saloon) in its showroom and none secondhand for sale. Their estate demonstrator was an AMG model but one of their salesman had gone on 14 days hioliday and taken the vehicle with him!

The salesmen were OK, but I found the widespread lack of cars to actually test drive odd and very unhelpful in the sale process. In fact it initially made me suspicious - is this model very popular (as claimed by the sales people of course) or has Merc got a supply problem at the South African end?

So I was gratified when I was informed by the dealer that they had an allocated car with a January build date for delivery in early February. (I saw the evidence!)

Just hope it lives up to expectations when it actually does arrive!

Hello and welcome to the club. Which dealer did you order with in the end? I have got my last 2 from Ashford and had good service all round.

Lookers (Maidstone)
Always had good service from them, bought both my Smarts, and an Eclass from there a few years back, very helpful

Always had good service from them, bought both my Smarts, and an Eclass from there a few years back, very helpful

Thanks for the welcome.

Have you had any experience of Lookers at Tonbridge? I'm located slightly nearer to Tonbridge than Maidstone, but their Tonbridge premises were undergoing a major refurbishment and I found it almost impossible to park there when I was new car hunting. So I only spoke to them on the telephone.

I was there a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday morning and managed to park in the disabled parking place right at the front of the showroom, as I am not a badge holder I thought I had better go to the reception and ask if it was ok to park there, she informed me that during the week they leave the gates open to the storage park opposite the showroom, so that you can drive straight in without having to stop for the gates to be opened, if the gates are not open then it must be a nightmare to park.

Well it's finally arrived. :D

Here are couple of pictures - Brilliant Blue. Had lots of complimentary comments about the colour.

Pictures probably don't do it justice. Needs a clean already, but the weather is still foul, so it can wait!

Attachments

• IMAG0403.jpg
    IMAG0403.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0401.jpg
    IMAG0401.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom