Newbie from Kent

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by MPG, Aug 14, 2008.

1. MPG

MPG Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Hi all,

After owning a variety of cars over the years, primarily Jaguars & BMW's, I've finally decided to add a Mercedes to the driveway to keep my XJS company.
    Personally, I've long admired the lines of the W126 S Class, so that's what I set out to find. Condition was of paramount concern, as even the youngest W126 will now be some 16 years old. Luckily I stumbled upon a 2 owner 1992 W126 (relatively rare I understand as the W140 was launched in 1991) and the deal was struck.
    Doubtless I'll have many questions to pose as time rolls by, but so far all I've had to do is service the thing, which was a remarkably straightforward task to carry out myself. I'm also amazed at the "solidity" of a car of this age which sports hardly a trace of rust or a mark to the wood or leather. If only the XJS bodywork was this robust !

I've attached a few photos, including one of the XJS lurking in the background...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tags: