Newbie From Somerset with questions please?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

STU-CLK

Car
CLK 200k Sport Cab (AMG) W209
Hi Peeps,

Well as you can tell my name is Stu and yeah just got my 2006 CLK200k Sport Cab 3 weks ago and getting used to it as i have always had BMW's.

I wanted to ask a couple of questions if you guys dont mind?:

1. Can i change the tail pipe ends on the exhaust from the Single Ovel to the Twins, without changing the back box?

2. What make of tyres come on the car as std?

3. what can i modify on the car without effecting the English MB Warranty (Susp, wheels)?

Sorry to be cheeky and ask these so soon but you help would be great

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Stu

Last edited:
Hi Peeps,

Well as you can tell my name is Stu and yeah just got my 2006 CLK200k Sport Cab 3 weks ago and getting used to it as i have always had BMW's.

I wanted to ask a couple of questions if you guys dont mind?:

1. Can i change the tail pipe ends on the exhaust from the Single Ovel to the Twins, without changing the back box?

Yes but you will have to cut off the single pipe and weld a twin outlet onto the box

2. What make of tyres come on the car as std?

AFAIK Continental and Michelin were OEM fit

3. what can i modify on the car without effecting the English MB Warranty (Susp, wheels)?

Sorry not sure where the limits are on this one

Sorry to be cheeky and ask these so soon but you help would be great

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Stu

Hope that helps :)

I would image changing the wheels and tyres would not effect the MB warranty on certain things like electronics/ interior trim engine and gearbox. Where you definitely be on dodgy ground should any problems arise with wheel bearings transmission suspension, steering or brakes where they would claim non standard MB components were not covered or caused premature wear. All insurance companies tend to up premiums for wider tyres/wheels/lowered suspension citing a greater theft risk. If you use upgrades which were offered as an option by MB themselves at the time the car was manufactured you are on safer ground [ applies to insurance and warranty] but may still have to pay over the odds for insurance . You have to declare such changes or your insurance may be void under the "disclosure of material facts" clause. Best to check any proposed changes with MB and your insurer first.

Hi Stu welcome to the forum :thumb:

Hi Stu
Welcome from me too :thumb:

Welcome from trapperjohn too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom