newbie help please with EM light on & on &on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tklondon

Hi
I hope someone can help.
I have a CLK 230 avg 2001 auto.

My engine management light came on in Jan this year (in warranty)
the computer showed the problem to be the "airflow sensor".
The dealership said the engine loom had oil in it and this was a known problem, so they changed it. A few days later the light came on again.
Then they changed the air flow sensor (out of warranty)
A few days later it came on again.
Then they changed the throttle valve.
A day later it came on again.
Then they changed the mass air flow sensor.
A day later it cam on aagain.
Then they said vacume hoses were not on properley.
A day later it came on again.
Now they are saying it is the throttle actuator
on every computer test the same fault of the "air flow sensor" was reported.
I have not been charged yet, as they dont know what the final fix will be.
although Mercedes Co. have agreed i will pay 1/3 of the cost of the part(s) (but that was back on the first attempt to fix)
I havt to wait to see if it is now fixed, but does anyone have any ideas what is going on and could the dealer have any arguement that all these parts were required.
this has been going on 8 months now
help!!!
TK.

Sorry mate i cant help you with your problems but make sure you ask for all the old parts that they say they have replaced!!!!! Just so you can be sure they aint rippin you off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pitty they didnt give you a copy of the fault codes they got like P0100 to P0105 which is the MAF "mass air flow sensor" which points to a few things they havnt done yet, it seems they are shooting in the dark and running the bill up

Which dealer has inflicted this on you?

I don't agree that you should pay 1/3 of "all parts", only the one they finally fix it with, all others a shots in the dark and at their expense. :crazy:

If they still want to charge you take it up with MB HQ. :mad:

tklondon said:
Hi
I hope someone can help.
I have a CLK 230 avg 2001 auto.

[snipped]
I have not been charged yet, as they dont know what the final fix will be.
although Mercedes Co. have agreed i will pay 1/3 of the cost of the part(s) (but that was back on the first attempt to fix)
I havt to wait to see if it is now fixed, but does anyone have any ideas what is going on and could the dealer have any arguement that all these parts were required.
this has been going on 8 months now
help!!!
TK.

Seems a great way to run a cash rich business - do not bother training your technicians just give them a list to work through.

Hi Guys.
back after a pc rebuild. Not much luck lately.

I hope its not against the rules, but the dealer was Greenoaks in Slough.

The changed the throttle valve on monday and all looks ok.
I wont relax till a few more days, but in the past it would have failed by now.
As to the cost they tried to charge me labour and all the arts.
My 1/3 came to £400, I argues that labour was not to be charged and i dont agree to pay for other parts except the throttle valve.
The service manager said he will get back to me!!.
The dealer has been very polite throughout but id rather have had my car fixed during the warranty.
8 months 9 visits, 6 parts and a partridge in pear tree, because of a little light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom