Newbie Help!! S124 E220 Wiring harness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blobbyknobby

Hi ive just bought a S124 Estate E220 With 135k drives like new but ive noticed as few problems I could use help with!!

On starting its idles at 800rpm after warmup. On driving and returning to idle in park it idles at 1500rpm and never returns to normal idle speed.

Looking at the harness under the bonnet, i can see the injectors and the 2 wires going in too each are bare.. .there are a few places i can see cracking.

The car never cuts out or stalls or fails in any way. Just the annoyingly high idle after use.

Any ideas?

the throttle body should have a 'closed throttle position' micro switch on side
of it.

Is there a spring unattached at one of it's ends, at the throttle, which would pull the cable back against the micro switch to reduce the revs ?

Try removing the cross engine air duct to access the throttle body main throat and butterfly and give them a clean with solvent [ GENTLY/CAREFULLY!!!]pay attention to the edge of the throttle plate/butterfly. It gets gummed up and can stick leading to a high or low idle

Got it sorted... Even easier than you could imagine... after rewiring the injectors and maf connectors. It still was over revving.
Turned out the throttle cable adjuster had broken and was very slightly pulling the cable.

removed the broken end and screwed the unit back into the holder... DONE.. Lmfao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom